I bought my s3 in March of this year, and everything was working just fine until May. It's an awsome phone and I love it. However, since May, my phone no longer connects to 4g EVER and the 3g comes and goes and never stays connected for more than 10 minutes while in use. I've NEVER even come CLOSE to reaching my plans provided 2.5GB of data, so I know that's not the issue. The phone has never been dropped, or wet, as I am always very delicate with my phones. I have never placed it too close to the TV...

I contacted Boost mobile. They gave me a long list of things to try. I have tried EVERYTHING: making sure the mobile networks is checked, preferred network setting CDMA/LTE, soft reset, clear browser cache, update PRL, profile update, software update, firmware update, ##72786#, and even did a factory reset. Nothing helped. Boost said there was nothing else they could do for me, and that I needed to contact samsung.

Samsung said the only way for them to find the problem is for me to send them my phone, and wait 2 to 4 weeks for them to revise it and send it back. That's not an option as I need my phone monday through friday for my job. (UPDATE: I got so irritated with this problem that I went ahead and bought an LG Volt, since I didn't have the money to buy another galaxy. It's nice but I don't like it as much. I'm still afraid to send the Galaxy into Samsung. They have expressed to me that if they can't find an issue(just my luck), or if they find the issue to be my fault(IE I put the phone too close to a credit card magnet or some dumb crap like that), then they will charge me not only for the parts and labor, but for the return shipping... and we all know that they'll charge me way more than the phone is worth.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if there's anyway to fix it without having to send my phone in to samsung? I have been told, also, that I could try reflashing the phone to it's original firmware and software, but I am afraid of screwing the phone up since I've never done anything like that before.

Thanks!