Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy S3 running slim 4.4.3

OP jammychap

22nd January 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 101

264 posts
More
Hi chaps, I'm kind of new here, I've just rooted my first phone and installed slimrom slimkat 4.4.3, almost all is well lol, one thing that's weird is the little icon that shows my mobile signal strength, it's dark all the time despite being able to make calls, send texts even get high speed Internet but it never shows signal strength??? Weird eh.
23rd January 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 445

1,945 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammychap

Hi chaps, I'm kind of new here, I've just rooted my first phone and installed slimrom slimkat 4.4.3, almost all is well lol, one thing that's weird is the little icon that shows my mobile signal strength, it's dark all the time despite being able to make calls, send texts even get high speed Internet but it never shows signal strength??? Weird eh.

as you might know Slim 4.4.3 is a beta, hence you have to live with bugs. Just to make sure, did you do all wipes and formats as instructed when installing the rom?
23rd January 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes

264 posts
More
Arrrrr right yer ok, it's not a biggy and yes I did all the wipes n factory reset too, the wi - fi one works ok, I need to do 10 posts before I can report this bug in the devs thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes

264 posts
More
Arrrrr right yer ok it runs ok but I do have a couple of other questions, can I install the aroma on top of the rom or is this rom the wrong type and is there a way to add the option to move apps to the SD card?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Sign 4.4.3?
Quote:

can you direct me to the Slim 4.4.3 page? i can't seem to find it on their website! all I see is an announcement.! n btw how's battery life?
13th April 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes

264 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker

can you direct me to the Slim 4.4.3 page? i can't seem to find it on their website! all I see is an announcement.! n btw how's battery life?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...atrom-t2603155
13th April 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes

264 posts
More
It's currently on ver. 4.2 and runs pretty smooth, battery life really depends on what you do with the phone, standby time is great but if you like to fiddle n play games as I do then expect to charge at least once a day, plus I have 3 e-mail accounts that sync + facebook + tapatalk + ebay etc.
13th April 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

It's currently on ver. 4.2 and runs pretty smooth, battery life really depends on what you do with the phone, standby time is great but if you like to fiddle n play games as I do then expect to charge at least once a day, plus I have 3 e-mail accounts that sync + facebook + tapatalk + ebay etc.

thanxx! i'll give it a try maybe
13th April 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker

thanxx! i'll give it a try maybe

Try it. Slim is a nice rom. Try .4.2 before its awesome and fast

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread