List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification

The post Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification … more
Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy S3 running slim 4.4.3

OP jammychap

22nd January 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #1  
jammychap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 105
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Hi chaps, I'm kind of new here, I've just rooted my first phone and installed slimrom slimkat 4.4.3, almost all is well lol, one thing that's weird is the little icon that shows my mobile signal strength, it's dark all the time despite being able to make calls, send texts even get high speed Internet but it never shows signal strength??? Weird eh.
23rd January 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #2  
chrismast's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,960 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammychap

Hi chaps, I'm kind of new here, I've just rooted my first phone and installed slimrom slimkat 4.4.3, almost all is well lol, one thing that's weird is the little icon that shows my mobile signal strength, it's dark all the time despite being able to make calls, send texts even get high speed Internet but it never shows signal strength??? Weird eh.

as you might know Slim 4.4.3 is a beta, hence you have to live with bugs. Just to make sure, did you do all wipes and formats as instructed when installing the rom?
23rd January 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #3  
jammychap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 105
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Arrrrr right yer ok, it's not a biggy and yes I did all the wipes n factory reset too, the wi - fi one works ok, I need to do 10 posts before I can report this bug in the devs thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #4  
jammychap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 105
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Arrrrr right yer ok it runs ok but I do have a couple of other questions, can I install the aroma on top of the rom or is this rom the wrong type and is there a way to add the option to move apps to the SD card?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
BlakeParker's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Sign 4.4.3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammychap

Hi chaps, I'm kind of new here, I've just rooted my first phone and installed slimrom slimkat 4.4.3, almost all is well lol, one thing that's weird is the little icon that shows my mobile signal strength, it's dark all the time despite being able to make calls, send texts even get high speed Internet but it never shows signal strength??? Weird eh.

can you direct me to the Slim 4.4.3 page? i can't seem to find it on their website! all I see is an announcement.! n btw how's battery life?
13th April 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
jammychap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 105
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker

can you direct me to the Slim 4.4.3 page? i can't seem to find it on their website! all I see is an announcement.! n btw how's battery life?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...atrom-t2603155
13th April 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
jammychap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 105
 
280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
It's currently on ver. 4.2 and runs pretty smooth, battery life really depends on what you do with the phone, standby time is great but if you like to fiddle n play games as I do then expect to charge at least once a day, plus I have 3 e-mail accounts that sync + facebook + tapatalk + ebay etc.
13th April 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #8  
BlakeParker's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammychap

It's currently on ver. 4.2 and runs pretty smooth, battery life really depends on what you do with the phone, standby time is great but if you like to fiddle n play games as I do then expect to charge at least once a day, plus I have 3 e-mail accounts that sync + facebook + tapatalk + ebay etc.

thanxx! i'll give it a try maybe
13th April 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeParker

thanxx! i'll give it a try maybe

Try it. Slim is a nice rom. Try .4.2 before its awesome and fast

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes