Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S3 screen flickers, network drops, battery drains faster

Tip us?

rpundlik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S3 screen flickers, network drops, battery drains faster

Hello All,

My Galaxy S3 device is almost 1.5 years old; Currently I am experiencing this issue for the first time. My android version is 4.2

Phone battery is charged to 80%. While net browsing or during working on an application, the network of my phone suddenly disappears and the phone screen flickers. After this the screen freezes and nothing works. I have to shut down the phone. But if I try to power on the phone, it fails to do.
The welcome screen comes and the phone does not turn on. Later if I try to connect my charger, it shows very low battery (nearly 2 %) remaining. Then I have to charge it all over again to use my phone. It seems that the sudden disappearance of network, screen flicker and screen freeze drains my battery charge.

I have done factory reset; still the problem continues. Also, I have removed all of the applications, right now only pre-installed applications present. Still, the problem seems to be continue.

Any possible workaround is present on this issue ? I have already tried playing with 'Developer Options' but it didn't seems to be work out.

Thanks,

Regards,
Rohit

KillerbeeNL
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
is your battery thicker at some points? I think your battery needs to be replaced

rpundlik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerbeeNL View Post
is your battery thicker at some points? I think your battery needs to be replaced
The battery looks fine from all points.. any other workaround OR suggestion ?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 691
Replace the battery first, the next step is much more expensive -replace the motherboard.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

KillerbeeNL
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Replace the battery first, the next step is much more expensive -replace the motherboard.
+1 :thumbup:

KillerbeeNL
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Any feedback on this issue ?