[Q] Galaxy S3 screen flickers, network drops, battery drains faster

OP rpundlik

1st September 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello All,

My Galaxy S3 device is almost 1.5 years old; Currently I am experiencing this issue for the first time. My android version is 4.2

Phone battery is charged to 80%. While net browsing or during working on an application, the network of my phone suddenly disappears and the phone screen flickers. After this the screen freezes and nothing works. I have to shut down the phone. But if I try to power on the phone, it fails to do.
The welcome screen comes and the phone does not turn on. Later if I try to connect my charger, it shows very low battery (nearly 2 %) remaining. Then I have to charge it all over again to use my phone. It seems that the sudden disappearance of network, screen flicker and screen freeze drains my battery charge.

I have done factory reset; still the problem continues. Also, I have removed all of the applications, right now only pre-installed applications present. Still, the problem seems to be continue.

Any possible workaround is present on this issue ? I have already tried playing with 'Developer Options' but it didn't seems to be work out.

Thanks,

Regards,
Rohit
1st September 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 106

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
is your battery thicker at some points? I think your battery needs to be replaced
2nd September 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerbeeNL

is your battery thicker at some points? I think your battery needs to be replaced

The battery looks fine from all points.. any other workaround OR suggestion ?
2nd September 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 710

3,216 posts
Replace the battery first, the next step is much more expensive -replace the motherboard.
2nd September 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #5  

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Replace the battery first, the next step is much more expensive -replace the motherboard.

+1 :thumbup:
13th September 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #6  

631 posts
Donate to Me
More
Any feedback on this issue ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread