5,604,050 Members 48,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S3 Screen Glass Wearing?!

Tip us?

rftsilva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S3 Screen Glass Wearing?!

Hello everyone.

I was cleaning my Galaxy S3 this morning and figured out a stain on the screen.
At first I thought it was some grease, so I used a cloth with soap to take it out Surprisingly the stain persisted!

Looking more carefully at it, I found out the stain fits exactly the spot I must touch with my left thumb.
Actualy it's not a stain. Somewhat the screen wore! Like the most used keys of an old keyboard.

The stain is only visible when the phone is covered with water. The faded portion of the screen takes more time to dry the water.

Is anybody experiencing this too?

I never imagined a flagship device like this could use so bad materials on it. It's only 8 months old and I'm not a hard user.
Most of my friends have Apple devices and they look like new even after years of usage.

Maybe I got a defectful screen glass?

jmpmjmpm
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Re: [Q] Galaxy S3 Screen Glass Wearing?!

Never experienced anything like this. Maybe you have diamond coated fingers. Maybe the oleophobic coating wore off?! If it has a coating.

Sent from my ARHD S3
http://www.livedrive.com/?tid=JPXDJBYJ < get livedrive online backup

HTC One X>Galaxy Note>Sensation XE>iPhone 4s>Galaxy S2>iPhone 4>HTC Desire>iPhone 3GS>Nokia N97>HTC Hero>Nokia E71>Nokia N95 (approximately)

iPad3 4G 64GB>Acer Iconia A500>iPad2>iPad1

jeffnz
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rftsilva View Post
Hello everyone.

I was cleaning my Galaxy S3 this morning and figured out a stain on the screen.
At first I thought it was some grease, so I used a cloth with soap to take it out Surprisingly the stain persisted!

Looking more carefully at it, I found out the stain fits exactly the spot I must touch with my left thumb.
Actualy it's not a stain. Somewhat the screen wore! Like the most used keys of an old keyboard.

The stain is only visible when the phone is covered with water. The faded portion of the screen takes more time to dry the water.

Is anybody experiencing this too?

I never imagined a flagship device like this could use so bad materials on it. It's only 8 months old and I'm not a hard user.
Most of my friends have Apple devices and they look like new even after years of usage.

Maybe I got a defectful screen glass?
It isn't bad materials as you say, what industry are in in or have you had something acidic on your fingers?. Have you had a screen protector on that has left residue??

Is covering your screen with water a good thing to do??
Galaxy I9505

rftsilva
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnz View Post
It isn't bad materials as you say, what industry are in in or have you had something acidic on your fingers?. Have you had a screen protector on that has left residue??

Is covering your screen with water a good thing to do??
I don't work in a factory; I work in the office. I can't recall using or droping something acidic on the phone. Even because I'm not in contact with such things. I never used a screen protector or a case.

I mean the water left by the humid cloth. Nothing special.

shagratt
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I know its an old post but i suggest you to buy a screen protector to extend the life of the screen

slaphead20
Old
Thanks Meter 4740

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Galaxy S3 Screen Glass Wearing?!

Some people's sweat can be quite detrimental, use screen protector or don't moan
All donations to me will go to THE PICKERING CENTRE...my local cancer drop in centre, a registered charity no.1112623
http://www.pickeringcancercentre.org.uk/index.html