Galaxy S3 - the sd card destroyer

26th September 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

305 posts
Well it happened again. first the gs3 destroid my 64 gb sd card. now it killed my 32 gb card. they last less than a month on it.
soo good to spend money with sd card like this,,,,so happy....

Anyone heard of problems like this ? i'm so angry now i can barely think....
just lost my pacience and broke the damm card. have to control myself not to throw the gs3 on the wall...
Last edited by tntgdh; 26th September 2012 at 06:22 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tntgdh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Out there somewhere
Thanks Meter: 4,756

11,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Where did you get your sd cards from, and how much did they cost?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slaphead20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 54

588 posts
Strange. I have been using same sd card since the beginning and no problems ever.

And I have tried basically almost every custom and official rom there is.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CandyAndy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 515

2,268 posts
Had my 32gb Samsung class 10 card since June and it's very heavily used with no issues

Sent via TCP/IP
26th September 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #5  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 35

241 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyAndy

Strange. I have been using same sd card since the beginning and no problems ever.

And I have tried basically almost every custom and official rom there is.

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700

Had my 32gb Samsung class 10 card since June and it's very heavily used with no issues

And this. I have the same card actually, and same circumstances. Have used a few other cheap-o's with no issues as well.

Sounds to be a problem with the phone, or you got ripped off on both failing SD cards.. Are they dead 'dead'? Non working in a card reader connected to a pc?
26th September 2012, 07:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 477

1,455 posts
More
I got my 8 GB class 10, used it in my S2 and my S. Working flawlessly in my S3.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robogo1982 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2012, 07:43 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 106

256 posts
You didn't buy a cheap card or fake one from ebay did you? I've had a cheap card fail on me before (transcend) but it wasn't in the s3. I've got a SanDisk extreme now and it's been very reliable so far. Worth the extra money I think

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
26th September 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 112

231 posts
More
the cheap ones on ebay are absolutely crap, my friend had two returned one after the other, only 2 weeks usage and they are dead, finally got a refund and went for sandisk, working flawless more than a month now. go for the brand names, they are ok price now and save yourself from wrecking your s3 please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ama3654 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2012, 08:34 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 191

260 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama3654

the cheap ones on ebay are absolutely crap, my friend had two returned one after the other, only 2 weeks usage and they are dead, finally got a refund and went for sandisk, working flawless more than a month now. go for the brand names, they are ok price now and save yourself from wrecking your s3 please

Ye I would echo this, cheap cards either "branded" or no name are usually open to fail after a few weeks / month I use a rule of thumb if the price in a retail shop is for arguments sake 1/$1 per gig and im buying online any thing more than 50% cheaper and its probably a dodgy poor quality card or so old its only class4 but seller isn't being honest.

You have to watch Amazon as well as those virtual warehouse peeps like to send crap cards out in place of quality you expected happened a few times. Now I stick to class 10 Sandisk Extream cards as others have mentioned never had a problem since and I can use them in my DSLR or any other device that needs high speed and stability.

If OP tries a sandisk and it still kills the card then you probably have a faulty card connector in the phone shorting the cards out.
26th September 2012, 09:02 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 998

2,044 posts
Donate to Me
And again I've been using my 64gb card for over 2 months now
SanDisk class 10

It's perfect

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread