5,598,542 Members 44,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Galaxy S3 got stuck in a boot loop! What to do?

Tip us?

A.R.Cante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] My Galaxy S3 got stuck in a boot loop! What to do?

Hello,

my device (i9300) as mentioned above got stuck in a boot loop.

First I did was I installed the latest pac-man ROM from here. After successful testing I decided to flash the latest OmniRom 4.4 from here.

Now here comes the dilemma with: My Failure was that I had a old Recovery (CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4) and I didn't see the point where it says that I have to update it first.

My USB Connection to my PC was already broken before I started to flash any of the ROMs. So I can't connect to the PC to flash via Odin. It fails on the driver installtion. (I copied everything in my cloud and downloaded it to the internal sd)

The Device Manager shows alwas a ! in a yellow triangle near the "Samsung Mobile USB CDC Composite Device" (Download Mode) with a errer code 10: Device cannot start. I did millions of solutions but nothing worked against this issue ...

Currently my device starts where the Samsung galaxy s3 logo pops up, get stuck by that with a red 1 on the upper left corner and boots into the "old" recovery.

This is my Problem. Please help me to fix this (and the USB bug).

Thank you very much

Kind regards,

A.R.Cante

abidifethi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.Cante View Post
Hello,

my device (i9300) as mentioned above got stuck in a boot loop.

First I did was I installed the latest pac-man ROM from here. After successful testing I decided to flash the latest OmniRom 4.4 from here.

Now here comes the dilemma with: My Failure was that I had a old Recovery (CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4) and I didn't see the point where it says that I have to update it first.

My USB Connection to my PC was already broken before I started to flash any of the ROMs. So I can't connect to the PC to flash via Odin. It fails on the driver installtion. (I copied everything in my cloud and downloaded it to the internal sd)

The Device Manager shows alwas a ! in a yellow triangle near the "Samsung Mobile USB CDC Composite Device" (Download Mode) with a errer code 10: Device cannot start. I did millions of solutions but nothing worked against this issue ...

Currently my device starts where the Samsung galaxy s3 logo pops up, get stuck by that with a red 1 on the upper left corner and boots into the "old" recovery.

This is my Problem. Please help me to fix this (and the USB bug).

Thank you very much

Kind regards,

A.R.Cante
To fix the USB bug, you must uninstall that driver and download the driver ( try to install kies for example )
To fix the bootloop try to do a full wipe in recovery mode

A.R.Cante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abidifethi View Post
To fix the USB bug, you must uninstall that driver and download the driver ( try to install kies for example )
To fix the bootloop try to do a full wipe in recovery mode
None of your advices worked. I did unistall all drivers and also Kies. Reinstalled and it doesn't worked. So I uninstalled it again and installed only the drivers but this didn't worked too.

Everytime I uninstall the drivers and connect the device to the PC it is trying to Install the Drivers over Windows Update and Kies isn't reacting at all.

Now since I wiped data/factory reset, cache partition, dalvik cache and formated /system and /preload my device won't start automatically in the recovery anymore. It get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII Logo with the red 1 in the upper left corner. To Access to the Recovery I have to take the battery out and and insert it again and press volume up + home + power.

What can I do now?

Thanks in advance

abidifethi
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.Cante View Post
None of your advices worked. I did unistall all drivers and also Kies. Reinstalled and it doesn't worked. So I uninstalled it again and installed only the drivers but this didn't worked too.

Everytime I uninstall the drivers and connect the device to the PC it is trying to Install the Drivers over Windows Update and Kies isn't reacting at all.

Now since I wiped data/factory reset, cache partition, dalvik cache and formated /system and /preload my device won't start automatically in the recovery anymore. It get stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII Logo with the red 1 in the upper left corner. To Access to the Recovery I have to take the battery out and and insert it again and press volume up + home + power.

What can I do now?

Thanks in advance
Try to download any custom ROM if you don't done yet and put it in your external sd card ( use an other phone or card reader ) and now try to enter in recovery mode and install it and let us know the result

A.R.Cante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abidifethi View Post
Try to download any custom ROM if you don't done yet and put it in your external sd card ( use an other phone or card reader ) and now try to enter in recovery mode and install it and let us know the result
I tried this now on my Desktop Computer and it worked fine. I didn't need to install drivers manually. It installed it by itself and therefore i was able to use odin!

I flashed the new recovery and put the omnirom and pa-gapps on my sd card (I also tried this on my notebook but my card reader is maybe broken)
so i installed teamwin recvovery over pc, put rom and gapps on my sd card and flashed them over recovery.

Now all works fine.

Thank you for your help.

But what I don't understand is my Win 7 OS (32 bit) is recently set up on my VM everything was fresh but it didnt recognized my device... Google says a lot of people are having this issues. I've tried everything whenever I found allegedly a solution for this problem. None of them worked. I simply switched the computer and everything is fine. This is ridiculous. One year ago, when I had running windows as main OS, there were no problems at all. If the problem was caused by a virtual machine I think that not many people would complain about this issue.

Kind regards

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Why would old Win 7 recognize your device unless you install drivers .

A.R.Cante
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Why would old Win 7 recognize your device unless you install drivers .
I don't really understand your comment. The Problem of this USB error has no root. When your Windows System says error code 10: device cannot start then you have a big problem because you don't know why and how to fix this. Try and Google this. You will find thousands of people complaining the same error. Everyone has other solutions for that. Some edit their registry, others simply do a soft-reset and try another USB-Port.

Samsung support can't help you at all because they don't know why this is happening. And the solving of this problem is really random. i tried for hours to solve this with no success (except switching to another computer).

Windows says on my laptop the device cannot start but it is perfectly connecting to my other computer. How can this happen? I don't know. Maybe the error code 10 is not that specific and there is something other wrong than my device.