[Q] Galaxy SIII GT-9300 Camera Failure with Stock ROM?

OP furcatus

3rd January 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello everyone!

Today I noticed that my camera stopped working on my new Galaxy SIII. I always get a "warning: camera failure" error when I try to start the camera app. I dialed *#0*# to test the cameras seperately, but both megacam and frontcam give me the "camera failure" error.

I bought the phone with 4.1.2, rooted it with Chainfire's CF-Auto-Root, flashed CWM recovery and everything worked fine. After some weeks I got the Kies update to 4.3.0 and updated via Kies. After this, the camera still worked. My root access got lost due to the firmware update, so I tried to re-root it again with the same CF-Auto-Root via Odin. Odin said nothing succeeded but also nothing failed, so I thought it didn't do anything. Well, it did flash the stock revovery again, but my phone didn't leave the download mode automatically after flashing, so I rebooted into recovery mode (because of a notice on Chainfire's website) and rebooted normally from there.

All this happened yesterday and today I noticed my camera doesn't work, so I thought the reason could be something concerning the semi-failed root procedure. Maybe anyone of you can help me fix my camera.

I searched the internet for a solution, but they say it's a hardware problem, which is probably not the case for my device in my opinion.

Thanks in advance!

- furcatus
Last edited by furcatus; 3rd January 2014 at 10:13 AM.
3rd January 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 710

3,217 posts
Flash a full stock rom with odin after a factory reset, test camera before you install/restore any apps or mods.

If still the same then hardware fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread