5,606,588 Members 34,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy SIII GT-9300 Camera Failure with Stock ROM?

Tip us?

furcatus
Old
(Last edited by furcatus; 3rd January 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy SIII GT-9300 Camera Failure with Stock ROM?

Hello everyone!

Today I noticed that my camera stopped working on my new Galaxy SIII. I always get a "warning: camera failure" error when I try to start the camera app. I dialed *#0*# to test the cameras seperately, but both megacam and frontcam give me the "camera failure" error.

I bought the phone with 4.1.2, rooted it with Chainfire's CF-Auto-Root, flashed CWM recovery and everything worked fine. After some weeks I got the Kies update to 4.3.0 and updated via Kies. After this, the camera still worked. My root access got lost due to the firmware update, so I tried to re-root it again with the same CF-Auto-Root via Odin. Odin said nothing succeeded but also nothing failed, so I thought it didn't do anything. Well, it did flash the stock revovery again, but my phone didn't leave the download mode automatically after flashing, so I rebooted into recovery mode (because of a notice on Chainfire's website) and rebooted normally from there.

All this happened yesterday and today I noticed my camera doesn't work, so I thought the reason could be something concerning the semi-failed root procedure. Maybe anyone of you can help me fix my camera.

I searched the internet for a solution, but they say it's a hardware problem, which is probably not the case for my device in my opinion.

Thanks in advance!

- furcatus

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 562
Flash a full stock rom with odin after a factory reset, test camera before you install/restore any apps or mods.

If still the same then hardware fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.