[Q] [SOLVED] Generic IMEI on AOSP ROM

OP zrebec

28th August 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Hello.... Before few months ago I tried one Samsung-based ROM which changed my efs to efs v2 becuase this ROM used the XXEMG4 baseband... I lost my IMEI but I repair it by Kies and flashing orinal ROM via ODIN. But I can using ONLY Samsung-based ROMs. I cannot use Cyanogenmod (I tried only Cyanogenmod 11) or another AOSP ROM (e.g. I tried SuperNexus with the same result) because evertime I lost the IMEI and I got the generic IMEI (0049990106400).

I tried install Cyanogenmod and then XXEMG4 modem or XXEMG2 from here but nothing helps

It's any chance to use a AOSP-based ROM in the future? I don't belive. But if you have some hints or helps, please reply. I think that I really tried many tricks from XDA Developers forum or from Youtube but nothing helps...

I tried every modem from this link or I tried also many tricks from this thread but nothing helps...

Maybe I cannot using Samung modems on AOSP ROM, or can I?

Of course, I can using any Samsung-based ROM (Ultima, Omega, Stock). Then IMEI is OK and efsv2 basebands reads my efs folder without any problem. Only AOSP ROMs have a problem

Thanks for hints and help
Last edited by zrebec; 28th August 2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: SOLVED
28th August 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 348

1,055 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrebec

Hello.... Before few months ago I tried one Samsung-based ROM which changed my efs to efs v2 becuase this ROM used the XXEMG4 baseband... I lost my IMEI but I repair it by Kies and flashing orinal ROM via ODIN. But I can using ONLY Samsung-based ROMs. I cannot use Cyanogenmod (I tried only Cyanogenmod 11) or another AOSP ROM (e.g. I tried SuperNexus with the same result) because evertime I lost the IMEI and I got the generic IMEI (0049990106400).

I tried install Cyanogenmod and then XXEMG4 modem or XXEMG2 from here but nothing helps

It's any chance to use a AOSP-based ROM in the future? I don't belive. But if you have some hints or helps, please reply. I think that I really tried many tricks from here or from youtube but nothing helps...

I tried every modem from this link or I tried also many tricks from this thread but nothing helps...

Maybe I cannot using Samung modems on AOSP ROM, or can I?

Of course, I can using any Samsung-based ROM (Ultima, Omega, Stock). Then IMEI is OK and efsv2 basebands reads my efs folder without any problem. Only AOSP ROMs have a problem

Thanks for hints and help

Have you tried the patched modems >> https://drive.google.com/folderview?...GkzOUowMG8#lis << I have efs v2 upgraded from efs v1 and can use asop roms omni or stock without any problems.I personally don't use the any patched modems because i have never had any problems but they may help you
Last edited by tallman43; 28th August 2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: add link
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
SOLVED
SOLVED )) WOW ) OK, I tried your recommended Patched modems but dind't help. But before installing Cyanogenmod I backup my efs folder from my Samsung ROM. After installed CM I don't have any IMEI (IMEI was null). So, I tried your patched kernel. Then I got generic IMEI and then I copied !ONLY 2 FILES! from my backuped efs folder. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 and my problem is solved!

My problem was that I restored complete my EFS folder from Samsung ROM and thi is wrong. Only 2 files are needed. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5. Of course, you must have a functional Samsung based ROM and then backup EFS before installing Cyanogenmod

So, maybe this reply hepls to others
The Following User Says Thank You to zrebec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 348

1,055 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrebec

SOLVED )) WOW ) OK, I tried your recommended Patched modems but dind't help. But before installing Cyanogenmod I backup my efs folder from my Samsung ROM. After installed CM I don't have any IMEI (IMEI was null). So, I tried your patched kernel. Then I got generic IMEI and then I copied !ONLY 2 FILES! from my backuped efs folder. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5 and my problem is solved!

My problem was that I restored complete my EFS folder from Samsung ROM and thi is wrong. Only 2 files are needed. nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5. Of course, you must have a functional Samsung based ROM and then backup EFS before installing Cyanogenmod

So, maybe this reply hepls to others

Glad to see you got it working this is usefull advice I am sure it will be of use to some one well done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, efs, efs corrupt, i9300, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread