Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Getting data off the phone

Tip us?

Amphor
Old
(Last edited by Amphor; 10th May 2014 at 11:44 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Getting data off the phone

So my phone is in a bootloop. I flashed CWM recovery via Odin to try to mount the internal storage since i have some things i need to recover before flashing new rom. in CWM under "mounts and storage" i tried everything, but nothing would show up in a computer. Also, mounting system says "Error mounting system" and adb devices doesn't recognize my device now with CWM. it did with stock recovery though, when put in adb mode

edit: flashed original revocery, got adb working, found some adbfileexplorer.jar file from the forums, that shows my device and some files/folders, eg /efs, /preload , cache etc. so they are not the files i'm looking for.
And when writing adb shell in cmd, i get "- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -" error

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Try philz recovery and aroma file manager to access the data partition.

A sudden boot loop in normal use usually means one or more of the partitions are corrupt, so you may not be able to access data.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Amphor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Try philz recovery and aroma file manager to access the data partition.

A sudden boot loop in normal use usually means one or more of the partitions are corrupt, so you may not be able to access data.
Ok well now i got to use adb and via command "adb pull /" i pulled everything there was (This is the right command to do it, right?)
but only two folders, sys and tmp were pulled, none of which contain any relevant data, it would appear