Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GT-I9300 Incorrect IMEI, No EFS Backup.

3rd March 2015, 06:12 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4 BCK

I have tried flashing an XXEMG4 modem onto it and unfortunately hasn't made any difference. My IMEI is currently posted as one of the generic 0049 numbers when *#06# is dialed.

As far as I can tell, my best bet would be finding a way to get the serial port working through NVitem_reader_writer, as I have generated my correct IMEI file to add to the phone, but it won't successfully switch to RMNET + DM + MODEM to be able to connect to my computer in that way!

Dan

Hi everybody,

I am trying the same, changing imei by using nv items reader. I have the problem that i got a phone from a friend that has a 0049 IMEI, I dont know what he or someone else did to that phone to kill the imei.

The phone: Galaxy S3 I9300
Buildnumber: JSS15J.I9300XXUGNG3 (Android 4.3)
Baseband: I9300XXUGNA8
Rooted with Odin using CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300

I am stuck at the same part, i cant get the phone in rmnet + dm + modem mode. what I did is: *#0808# - tip "RMNET + DM + MODEM" - tip "OK" - it says "8 saved!" (but it is not saved, when i go into the *#0808# it switched back to MTP)

When i do this when the phone is connected to my computer there is an unplug sound and a plug sound. So I think the phone tries to get in RMNET + DM + MODEM mode but it does not get it. I can activate all other Modes shown in this menu, only the one i need does not get activated.

What can I do to access this mode?

Thanks for your help in advance.
8th March 2015, 05:23 AM |#12  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 148

710 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuli111

Hi everybody,

I am trying the same, changing imei by using nv items reader. I have the problem that i got a phone from a friend that has a 0049 IMEI, I dont know what he or someone else did to that phone to kill the imei.

The phone: Galaxy S3 I9300
Buildnumber: JSS15J.I9300XXUGNG3 (Android 4.3)
Baseband: I9300XXUGNA8
Rooted with Odin using CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300

I am stuck at the same part, i cant get the phone in rmnet + dm + modem mode. what I did is: *#0808# - tip "RMNET + DM + MODEM" - tip "OK" - it says "8 saved!" (but it is not saved, when i go into the *#0808# it switched back to MTP)

When i do this when the phone is connected to my computer there is an unplug sound and a plug sound. So I think the phone tries to get in RMNET + DM + MODEM mode but it does not get it. I can activate all other Modes shown in this menu, only the one i need does not get activated.

What can I do to access this mode?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Discussion is against the rules, and also illegal.
8th March 2015, 02:43 PM |#13  

3 posts
Changing to rmnet + dm + modem Mode is illegal?
8th March 2015, 03:22 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 794

3,692 posts
Changing imei, which what your post stated, is illegal -don't ask for help here.

Take it to a repair centre and pay them to restore your efs folder.
8th March 2015, 03:34 PM |#15  

3 posts
I did not ask for help to change the imei.

I asked for help to get in the rmnet mode. Is this illegal too??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread