[Q] GT-I9300 questions about KNOX before 4.1.2 => 4.3 upgrade
I recently bought a refurbished S3 that's so far running on stock 4.1.2 and showing under download mode:
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9300
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
Now, I find contradictory and/or confusing info regarding its upgrade to 4.3 so your answers to these questions are really appreciated:
1) Does the 4.1.2=>4.3 upgrade install KNOX? I ask cause some threads suggest Samsung never implemented it on I9300s while others say they did...
2) I still didn't do anything on download mode but I did enter it couple of times. Did that increased any counter and/or changed any internal flag? Could this have altered the warranty validity?
3) Regarding 4.3 full stock images and/or patch updates (from OTA/FOTA), I can't find any KNOX related APK but.... how can I tell if its bootloader evil is present or not?
4) From a full 4.3 stock image downloaded from sammobile.com, and if I confirm it has KNOX bootloader, I think it could be possible to decompile the image, remove all KNOX stuff, reassemble the image and finally ODIN flash it. Am I right? In case yes, any advice/recommendation and or better-read-this before attempting to do so?
5) In connection with point 4 above, could I "inject" what is required to root the phone at the same time? What should I add/remove/modify?
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD, CURRENT BINARY and SYSTEM STATUS
are they set on checks performed after each boot or do they change just and only just on actions performed from within recovery and/or dowload mode?
Please note 5 and 6 are somehow related: if checks asked on 6 are *not* done on boot then doing 5 would let me root the phone leaving no trace (I think...)
Just in case, the file structure for the OTA patch update I have is:
-rw------- 1 rjz rjz 159744 jun 22 2011 tz.img
-rw------- 1 rjz rjz 887040 jun 22 2011 sboot.bin
-rw------- 1 rjz rjz 8753 jun 22 2011 file_contexts
drwx------ 1 rjz rjz 0 jun 21 11:01 patch
drwx------ 1 rjz rjz 0 jun 21 11:02 recovery
drwx------ 1 rjz rjz 4096 jun 21 11:03 system
drwx------ 1 rjz rjz 0 jun 21 11:03 META-INF
where ./recovery/ has:
-rw------- 1 rjz rjz 2507227 jun 22 2011 recovery-from-boot.p
drwx------ 1 rjz rjz 0 jun 21 11:02 etc