Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 no battery life. Confusing me

Tip us?
 
badgeronimous
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Default Galaxy S3 no battery life. Confusing me

Hi there,

My friend has an S3, and we are baffled to the problem.

Basically the phone has 3-4 hrs battery life from a full charge. We tried a hard reset, new battery, app killers, disabling apps, virus scans, adware scans, etc. No avail. It just eats battery on or off.

The phone does run very hot, just sitting there the temperature is up around 50c. The SD card also won't register.

Has the handset developed a fault?


Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401442575836.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	2770877   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401442586321.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2770879   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401442598713.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2770880  
 
AssassinGEO
Old
#2  
AssassinGEO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 215
Posts: 917
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tbilisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeronimous View Post
Hi there,

My friend has an S3, and we are baffled to the problem.

Basically the phone has 3-4 hrs battery life from a full charge. We tried a hard reset, new battery, app killers, disabling apps, virus scans, adware scans, etc. No avail. It just eats battery on or off.

The phone does run very hot, just sitting there the temperature is up around 50c. The SD card also won't register.

Has the handset developed a fault?


Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Of couse. Faulty chip.
You could always press "Thanks" button,right?
 
buddybin
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeronimous View Post
Hi there,

My friend has an S3, and we are baffled to the problem.

Basically the phone has 3-4 hrs battery life from a full charge. We tried a hard reset, new battery, app killers, disabling apps, virus scans, adware scans, etc. No avail. It just eats battery on or off.

The phone does run very hot, just sitting there the temperature is up around 50c. The SD card also won't register.

Has the handset developed a fault?


Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
stock rom ?
use better battery stat monitor wake lock and disable service that wake your phone
 
badgeronimous
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Yes stock Rom. Phone hasn't been molested.

As said even at rest, just sitting, the bottom of the phone is hot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
 
buddybin
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeronimous View Post
Yes stock Rom. Phone hasn't been molested.

As said even at rest, just sitting, the bottom of the phone is hot.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Did you use always 3G internet connection ?
 
badgeronimous
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Always had 3g

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
 
buddybin
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeronimous View Post
Always had 3g

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
I think that normal battery stat if you always connect 3g internet. Try to use 2g when screen off using tasker profile, monitor wake lock then disable it, disable location service and enable power saving mode. It should reduce power consumption.
 
badgeronimous
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybin View Post
I think that normal battery stat if you always connect 3g internet. Try to use 2g when screen off using tasker profile, monitor wake lock then disable it, disable location service and enable power saving mode. It should reduce power consumption.
Well I had an S3 before I got a Note 3. I've set his phone up exactly as I have both of these set up. I could go a day or 2 on the S3 without needing a charge, if I wasn't using it.

Even on the note, I'm always in a 4G signal, and always have apps running in the background, and diddle on my phone for a fair bit during the day.... I still easily have over 50% battery come home time.

His S3, even left with data network deactivated, and not using the phone at all, will be flat within 6hrs.
 
iamezio
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 299
Join Date: Jan 2011
Time for a new battery , if thats won't help . paint it blue and throw it to deep waters . Good Luck .
Devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 Pebble blue
Google Nexus 7 2013 32GB
 
Eleve11
Old
#10  
Eleve11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 766
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stockholm
Some users, including myself struggle with a massive battery drain after the latest Google Play Services update. It might be that perhaps?
My icon packs on Google Play here!
-
Earlier devices:
Samsung Galaxy S, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, HTC One, Nexus 4 ✝
Using: Samsung Galaxy S III, iPhone5S, Nexus 5

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes