Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more
Post Reply

Hair fracture in housing frame

OP rauppal

20th January 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #1  
rauppal's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Hi all,

I have just noticed a hair-fracture in main body frame near charging socket. It's appear to be all the way across from charging socket to from where screen starts. In start I thought its a scratch but it bothered me recently n after close examination its appear to be a fracture. As far as I know I never dropped the phone. Despite this phone works perfectly.

Just wondering this is covered under standard warranty or its comes under wear n tear, in that case how costly would be repair, is there someone else experienced the same ?

I really disappointed with the make quality of samsung :s. I would appreciate if someone share something how to proceed?

Thanks
20th January 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,421
 
23,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
As its a fracture ask Samsung .
But my guess is they will say its damaged .
They all say they did not drop it .
20th January 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #3  
~DemonLord~'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rauppal

Hi all,

I have just noticed a hair-fracture in main body frame near charging socket. It's appear to be all the way across from charging socket to from where screen starts. In start I thought its a scratch but it bothered me recently n after close examination its appear to be a fracture. As far as I know I never dropped the phone. Despite this phone works perfectly.

Just wondering this is covered under standard warranty or its comes under wear n tear, in that case how costly would be repair, is there someone else experienced the same ?

I really disappointed with the make quality of samsung :s. I would appreciate if someone share something how to proceed?

Thanks

Dude... its the point where two parts of the frame are joined!
Check all the 4 corners and you will notice thinner "fractures" One on the charging port is widest of them all. Everyone has them, no need to worry.
21st January 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #4  
rauppal's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DemonLord~

Dude... its the point where two parts of the frame are joined!
Check all the 4 corners and you will notice thinner "fractures" One on the charging port is widest of them all. Everyone has them, no need to worry.

Those 4 corners of housing as you said have a regular joining marks but I got a irregular crack in housing. It seems like a fracture on one side of usb socket to all the way up to screen. Is this normal or I m just the unlucky one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #5  
~DemonLord~'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
As i said 4 joint marks on the corners. One thicker fracture on the left side from the middle of the port. And yes its more visible and goes up to the screen.
21st January 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #6  
coolhof's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brabant.
Thanks Meter: 259
 
765 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rauppal

Those 4 corners of housing as you said have a regular joining marks but I got a irregular crack in housing. It seems like a fracture on one side of usb socket to all the way up to screen. Is this normal or I m just the unlucky one

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes its cracked.
If you try to search on Google you see its a common problem.
There are treats from a year ago on xda.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes