Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked S3 i9300

OP blackbeardtwenty

9th July 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,

My head is spinning from what's just happened. My phone mysteriously decided to crash on me after being a little slow and unresponsive recently. I'm running CM11 M5 on my phone, I found this is the most stable of the roms for me. The unusual thing about this crash was that it rebooted with a fuzzy, static-like screen, so I tried to reboot into the Cyanogen bootloader thingy and it just brings up the crash screen. I tried to reboot into Odin Mode, hooked up the phone to my computer and tried to reinstall a new ROM. First I tried with Odin 3.07 with a ROM I loaded onto it last month (I9300XXUGNA5_I9300AUTGNA1_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.m d5), but the Odin program on the computer crashes each time. I also tried with an updated version of Odin, v1.85 and also Odin Auto. I had an issue last month, looked around and fixed it by downloading this ROM just mentioned, but this time, no joy. I've tried with another that I just downloaded (root66_TMO_T999UVDLJA.tar.md5) and the same thing happens. At one point, I received a message on different attempts where the Odin program would spit back at me this:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> root66_TMO_T999UVDLJA.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

So, how do I proceed from this point? I don't know enough to understand what the problem is with this, maybe something to do with the PIT mapping? I feel like I've covered every possible avenue that I can see posted online, I'm really not sure if there is anyone else with this problem, where the Odin program is so volatile. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I suffer without my phone.

Stuart
9th July 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 372

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeardtwenty

Hi everyone,

My head is spinning from what's just happened. My phone mysteriously decided to crash on me after being a little slow and unresponsive recently. I'm running CM11 M5 on my phone, I found this is the most stable of the roms for me. The unusual thing about this crash was that it rebooted with a fuzzy, static-like screen, so I tried to reboot into the Cyanogen bootloader thingy and it just brings up the crash screen. I tried to reboot into Odin Mode, hooked up the phone to my computer and tried to reinstall a new ROM. First I tried with Odin 3.07 with a ROM I loaded onto it last month (I9300XXUGNA5_I9300AUTGNA1_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.m d5), but the Odin program on the computer crashes each time. I also tried with an updated version of Odin, v1.85 and also Odin Auto. I had an issue last month, looked around and fixed it by downloading this ROM just mentioned, but this time, no joy. I've tried with another that I just downloaded (root66_TMO_T999UVDLJA.tar.md5) and the same thing happens. At one point, I received a message on different attempts where the Odin program would spit back at me this:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

So, how do I proceed from this point? I don't know enough to understand what the problem is with this, maybe something to do with the PIT mapping? I feel like I've covered every possible avenue that I can see posted online, I'm really not sure if there is anyone else with this problem, where the Odin program is so volatile. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, I suffer without my phone.

Stuart

Use this if it fails it needs service repair >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6 <<
9th July 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #3  

2 posts
Quote:

Hi everyone,

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Stuart

Happened the same too me and i have CM11 too... If you get a fix contact me please
9th July 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 372

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emnt

Happened the same too me and i have CM11 too... If you get a fix contact me please

Try the above rescue firmware as suggested above make sure you know what you are doing before flashing.. Exactly same advice if that doesn't work service required partition corrupt..Also I noticed the op above also flashed wrong root file for I9300 which didn't help.
9th July 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 754

3,434 posts
Quote:

The unusual thing about this crash was that it rebooted with a fuzzy, static-like screen,

Hardware issue, either damaged or corrupt emmc chip.
9th July 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

.Also I noticed the op above also flashed wrong root file for I9300 which didn't help.

Yeah, that was a desperate attempt at trying another root file which was recommended in another post. I initially used:

I9300XXUGNA5_I9300AUTGNA1_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md 5

and this worked fine last month, but now I'm back to square one again. Any ideas on other PIT files or root files I can download which might do the trick?

Thanks for your comments so far, you're all a bunch of wizards...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread