Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard Bricked Installing Kernel. HELP ASAP

Tip us?

swungspeedz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hard Bricked Installing Kernel. HELP ASAP

I hard bricked my galaxy that I only had for 5 days, It was stock rom and i tried to install boleffa kernel 5.x.x , Can someone help me get out of this, I really need my phone to use. Please help ASAP

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by swungspeedz View Post
I hard bricked my galaxy that I only had for 5 days, It was stock rom and i tried to install boleffa kernel 5.x.x , Can someone help me get out of this, I really need my phone to use. Please help ASAP
More information is needed for people to help you.. What did you do exactly (how you tried to install etc) and what are the symptoms.

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6

swungspeedz
Old
(Last edited by swungspeedz; 29th May 2014 at 03:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
More information is needed for people to help you.. What did you do exactly (how you tried to install etc) and what are the symptoms.
I tried flashing a kernel through CWM running on JB 4.3 stocked rooted, just got the phone a week ago. Nothing will work, no recovery, no download, I tried using Win32 disk img flasher, didn't work.

royallauker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I green!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Without download mode you will need a usb jig or jtag. Sounds like you probably flashed the wrong file to get that effect, in which case you do have a hard brick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

swungspeedz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Without download mode you will need a usb jig or jtag. Sounds like you probably flashed the wrong file to get that effect, in which case you do have a hard brick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I have to take it back to the shop to replace it, and this sucks i never bricked my zte sequent this bad and i did some pretty bad things to it. I only had this phone for a week and this happened. Im just going to root it and be done.