Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Hard Bricked Installing Kernel. HELP ASAP

OP swungspeedz

29th May 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I hard bricked my galaxy that I only had for 5 days, It was stock rom and i tried to install boleffa kernel 5.x.x , Can someone help me get out of this, I really need my phone to use. Please help ASAP
29th May 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 346

1,053 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swungspeedz

I hard bricked my galaxy that I only had for 5 days, It was stock rom and i tried to install boleffa kernel 5.x.x , Can someone help me get out of this, I really need my phone to use. Please help ASAP

More information is needed for people to help you.. What did you do exactly (how you tried to install etc) and what are the symptoms.
29th May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

More information is needed for people to help you.. What did you do exactly (how you tried to install etc) and what are the symptoms.

I tried flashing a kernel through CWM running on JB 4.3 stocked rooted, just got the phone a week ago. Nothing will work, no recovery, no download, I tried using Win32 disk img flasher, didn't work.
Last edited by swungspeedz; 29th May 2014 at 03:55 AM.
29th May 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #4  

4 posts
I green!
29th May 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,202 posts
Without download mode you will need a usb jig or jtag. Sounds like you probably flashed the wrong file to get that effect, in which case you do have a hard brick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
29th May 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Without download mode you will need a usb jig or jtag. Sounds like you probably flashed the wrong file to get that effect, in which case you do have a hard brick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have to take it back to the shop to replace it, and this sucks i never bricked my zte sequent this bad and i did some pretty bad things to it. I only had this phone for a week and this happened. Im just going to root it and be done.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread