what can I do (hardware bricked phone :()

OP wowmauri

21st February 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Well, after saving a long time, I finally got my s3 on amazon.com, when I opened it, it was new and beautiful, I powered it up, inserted my sim, and the phone freezed, after that I waited 2 minutes, and pulled out the battery, and tried to power it up again, but it got stuck at the yellow triangle saying to put it in download mode and use kies, I looked in the forum and found an Odin tutorial , downloaded all the neccessary tools, left the phone plugged to my USB port in download mode doing nothing, and went out fifteen minutes, when i came back decided to flash a new working rom onto my phone i founded the telephone completely dead, not responding to any key combination or cable connection to my pc, i thought it was the battery , charged it on my brothers phone and the phone was still dead,(i tested the battery for voltage and it delivered 3.7 v and 1500 maH, all correct and optimal values, I searched again and tried with a USB jig, trying to get into recovery mode, and it did not work either (the usb jig was allright, because it worked on my brothers phone, and on a friends Galaxy SII , so i do not know what else to do, and i ended posting here. What can i do? i will send it back to warranty , but maybe i can solve it first , Thanks!
21st February 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
Hardware bricked you can do nothing .

USB Jig is not for recovery mode .

If you have flashed your warranty may be void .
But also possible its SDS .
Sudden Death .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091045
22nd February 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Hardware bricked you can do nothing .

USB Jig is not for recovery mode .

If you have flashed your warranty may be void .
But also possible its SDS .
Sudden Death .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091045

usb jig is for download mode! i didnt flashed the phone, it got broken before giving time to use it even for an hour!
22nd February 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
[QUOTE=wowmauri;50531510]usb jig is for download mode!
CORRECT not recovery mode,

Flashing the original rom via Odin is your only chance .
22nd February 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
but odin does not even recognize my phone now! how can i force the recongitiion?
22nd February 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 222

821 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowmauri

but odin does not even recognize my phone now! how can i force the recongitiion?

Do you have latest Samsung drivers installed? And also try to run Odin as administrator if you're using Windows.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread