Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what can I do (hardware bricked phone :()

Tip us?

wowmauri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy what can I do (hardware bricked phone :()

Well, after saving a long time, I finally got my s3 on amazon.com, when I opened it, it was new and beautiful, I powered it up, inserted my sim, and the phone freezed, after that I waited 2 minutes, and pulled out the battery, and tried to power it up again, but it got stuck at the yellow triangle saying to put it in download mode and use kies, I looked in the forum and found an Odin tutorial , downloaded all the neccessary tools, left the phone plugged to my USB port in download mode doing nothing, and went out fifteen minutes, when i came back decided to flash a new working rom onto my phone i founded the telephone completely dead, not responding to any key combination or cable connection to my pc, i thought it was the battery , charged it on my brothers phone and the phone was still dead,(i tested the battery for voltage and it delivered 3.7 v and 1500 maH, all correct and optimal values, I searched again and tried with a USB jig, trying to get into recovery mode, and it did not work either (the usb jig was allright, because it worked on my brothers phone, and on a friends Galaxy SII , so i do not know what else to do, and i ended posting here. What can i do? i will send it back to warranty , but maybe i can solve it first , Thanks!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,418
Hardware bricked you can do nothing .

USB Jig is not for recovery mode .

If you have flashed your warranty may be void .
But also possible its SDS .
Sudden Death .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091045

wowmauri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Hardware bricked you can do nothing .

USB Jig is not for recovery mode .

If you have flashed your warranty may be void .
But also possible its SDS .
Sudden Death .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2091045
usb jig is for download mode! i didnt flashed the phone, it got broken before giving time to use it even for an hour!

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,418
[QUOTE=wowmauri;50531510]usb jig is for download mode!
CORRECT not recovery mode,

Flashing the original rom via Odin is your only chance .

wowmauri
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
but odin does not even recognize my phone now! how can i force the recongitiion?

Simonna
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowmauri View Post
but odin does not even recognize my phone now! how can i force the recongitiion?
Do you have latest Samsung drivers installed? And also try to run Odin as administrator if you're using Windows.
Galaxy S3(sold)

Nexus 5
Liquidsmooth