Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hardware/Cpacative Buttons Not working

Tip us?

ahmedrehan
Old
(Last edited by ahmedrehan; 3rd February 2014 at 02:47 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Hardware/Cpacative Buttons Not working

Hey Guys.
I'm using CM 11 as my daily driver for my i9300 with PA GApps from 23-1. Everything was ok till i updated to 20140202 nightly last night.. i got the screen tearing/API 1.1 issue like most people. Also found the Hardware/capacative keys (Menu and Back) not working. long press works as it should but not with one tap. volume rocker is also affected.
I then did some searching over xda and found some possible solutions. I installed newer GApps from 1-2, but nothing happened. Now I'm on the latest CM11nighlty 20140203, it fixed the screen tearing issue but no luck with the hardware buttons still. can anyone help me with this?
Hint: I wipe Cache and Dalvik every time i install a new nightly.

~DemonLord~
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedrehan View Post
Hey Guys.
I'm using CM 11 as my daily driver for my i9300 with PA GApps from 23-1. Everything was ok till i updated to 20140202 nightly last night.. i got the screen tearing/API 1.1 issue like most people. Also found the Hardware/capacative keys (Menu and Back) not working. long press works as it should but not with one tap. volume rocker is also affected.
I then did some searching over xda and found some possible solutions. I installed newer GApps from 1-2, but nothing happened. Now I'm on the latest CM11nighlty 20140203, it fixed the screen tearing issue but no luck with the hardware buttons still. can anyone help me with this?
Hint: I wipe Cache and Dalvik every time i install a new nightly.
Its a nightly and filled with bugs. Factory reset and flash a stock rom and work your way up from there. And try to use STABLE versions of roms.

ahmedrehan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DemonLord~ View Post
Its a nightly and filled with bugs. Factory reset and flash a stock rom and work your way up from there. And try to use STABLE versions of roms.
Thanks. Already did a factory reset and a clean install. All's good now