Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headphone jack emitting crackling sound

Tip us?

Sspleen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Headphone jack emitting crackling sound

The headphone jack on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 (android 4.3) recently stopped playing music and playing a crackling sound instead. This crackling sound is in time with the music and if you turn it up kind of loud you can hear the music a little in the background.

When it stopped it was completely random- I was listening to music and when the next song started I couldn't hear anything, only the crackling when the volume was turned up loud enough.
It's not the headphones, because I have tried various different pairs which work perfectly fine on other devices. The speaker still works fine too.

I'm not sure of the reason... I did drop my phone into the toilet about 7 months ago and once more about 3 months ago, but this problem only appeared now. Can dropping your phone in water cause problems that long after the event?
Or it might be because I got my phone repaired yesterday? I had the microphone and the glass/touch buttons replaced, so I'm not sure if when that was replaced they knocked the headphone jack or something, but for about one day after getting that repaired the headphone jack worked fine.

Are there any things I could do to fix this problem? Or do I have to take it back to get fixed? And, if I do need it fixed at a repair shop, around how much will it cost? I've had a lot of problems with this phone and I'm just wondering if I should get a new one. My phone is out of warranty, and I'm not on a contract or plan anymore, so I can't just get a new one.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Take it back its probably hardware .
Or try factory reset.