Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] help! I cant access MTP (i9300)

OP seli08

13th March 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Im searching this problem for almost 2 days and I cant find the answer. So I guess posting it on this forum could help me.
I rooted my gs3 a week ago and MTP is working fine, i can transfer files back and forth until i decided to flash beanstalk 4.4.2
. When I plug in my usb on the computer s3 says "connected as media device" but i cant see it in the computer. I tried the
Following

1.changing the usb cable(I have 4, samething happened)
2.changing the usb port
3.USB debugging on and off
4.uninstall and Install samsung kies and samsung drivers
5.i also uninstall and update the drivers in the device manager

All of them fails for me and i see on the device manager "Google nexus ADB interface" or "Galaxy nexus ADB interface" something
Like that. So I decided to restore my nandroid backup via cwm recovery to hopefully fix this problem but the only thing I notice is
In the device manager I see samsung galaxy interface other than that nothing changed. I didnt backup my IMEI/EFS folder does it affecting this? and also it should be backed up by cwm right? Please Help me..
(I am new to this so please bare with me)
13th March 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Birkenhead
Thanks Meter: 828

2,743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seli08

Im searching this problem for almost 2 days and I cant find the answer. So I guess posting it on this forum could help me.
I rooted my gs3 a week ago and MTP is working fine, i can transfer files back and forth until i decided to flash beanstalk 4.4.2
. When I plug in my usb on the computer s3 says "connected as media device" but i cant see it in the computer. I tried the
Following

1.changing the usb cable(I have 4, samething happened)
2.changing the usb port
3.USB debugging on and off
4.uninstall and Install samsung kies and samsung drivers
5.i also uninstall and update the drivers in the device manager

All of them fails for me and i see on the device manager "Google nexus ADB interface" or "Galaxy nexus ADB interface" something
Like that. So I decided to restore my nandroid backup via cwm recovery to hopefully fix this problem but the only thing I notice is
In the device manager I see samsung galaxy interface other than that nothing changed. I didnt backup my IMEI/EFS folder does it affecting this? and also it should be backed up by cwm right? Please Help me..
(I am new to this so please bare with me)

IMEI / EFS shouldn't cause your issue in any way, but clockworkmod doesn't, at least last time I used it, automatically backup efs. One of the reasons I've stuck with TWRP.

Sent from my GT-I9300
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostofcain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain

IMEI / EFS shouldn't cause your issue in any way, but clockworkmod doesn't, at least last time I used it, automatically backup efs. One of the reasons I've stuck with TWRP.

Sent from my GT-I9300

If not imei what does it causes? Im running stock 4.3 right and does going back to 4.0 will fix this?
13th March 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag hendo
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
all I can say is f*** Samsung F#$@ all the carrier and F0)( Debbie(Eminem reference
Last edited by mitchb315; 7th April 2014 at 03:28 AM.
15th March 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Any body here who can help me?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread