FORUMS

[Q] HELP NEEDED. Battery problems

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Steel-Blade, Junior Member on 22nd June 2014, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My galaxy s3 i9300 is draining the battery fast.
It hardly last for 5-6 hours on standby.

At first I thought it was jelly bean 4.3 that caused the problem, so I removed 4.3 and installed 4.0.4 but the problem remains.

Then I figured the battery must be problematic so I bought a new one, follow the instructions on how to handle new batteries but still it drains it fast.

It drains it with 4.0.4 and with 4.3.


No apps are running in the backround, it drains it on a fresh installation of the OS.

I really don't know what else to try.

Can any one give some help or pointers?

Regards
 
 
22nd June 2014, 09:39 AM |#2  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 822
 
More
Hundreds of identical threads, search and read for more information.

If you are running stock firmware then you have many apps running during standby, disable or remove all Samsung apps and greenify the rest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 09:57 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Hundreds of identical threads, search and read for more information.

If you are running stock firmware then you have many apps running during standby, disable or remove all Samsung apps and greenify the rest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I did search, nothing helps.

The only samsung apps I have is samsung link and samsung push service.

What do you mean by "greenify" ?
22nd June 2014, 10:47 AM |#4  
verny94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Blade

My galaxy s3 i9300 is draining the battery fast.
It hardly last for 5-6 hours on standby.
At first I thought it was jelly bean 4.3 that caused the problem, so I removed 4.3 and installed 4.0.4 but the problem remains.
Then I figured the battery must be problematic so I bought a new one, follow the instructions on how to handle new batteries but still it drains it fast.
It drains it with 4.0.4 and with 4.3.
No apps are running in the backround, it drains it on a fresh installation of the OS.
I really don't know what else to try.
Can any one give some help or pointers?
Regards

Did you try another battery?? This could be ill And did you try app BetterBatteryStats??
22nd June 2014, 10:49 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94

Did you try another battery?? This could be ill And did you try app BetterBatteryStats??

I bought a new one. Still drains. Didn't try BetterBatteryStats, I am using battery doctor.
Last edited by Steel-Blade; 22nd June 2014 at 11:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes