Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,083 Members 42,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help!! Can't get my galaxy on , I think I need the right firmware. Help

Tip us?

TygaMonkey420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Help!! Can't get my galaxy on , I think I need the right firmware. Help

[B]Well I'm first gonna say that : i apollagize for my writing and if you can atleast read all of it even though I tend to rant a lil I could really use sum assistance!!
I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 It was unlocked n pretty sure refurbished & then I rooted it....not sure on where this phone originally came from but but now it's dead & I need help turnin it on and getting it back to working state.. cause I'm a newbie at all,,
& I'm prepaid so switching with the unlocked device shouldn't of been this difficult but I was at first with speakout (711) & set the apn setting in my S3,then my Data worked just no sms ....so I figured when my plan expired I would switch to telus & maybe get better signal / service But I've now come to realize that thinking was incorrect ...after signing up for telus everything went bad I barely could hold a signal or even make calls it just wouldn't pick up signal eve though it says telus
But it's had problems with wifi/signal since day one so I did a little research (2/3 days reading )but obviously not long/ well enough & in the midst of being half asleep I hit factory reset.. This is where it gets interested cause. Immediately after that my phone only went to either just the samsung logo , battery page or recovery etc
So then I did a lil research & found sum guidance I downloaded Oden,drivers etc
And after following instructions and running oden my phone hasn't tuned on maybe a lil flash but that's it ...
Is this fixable ?? ...can someone please help me ... I was thinking of changing Roms but always a lil scared tp even try and attempt but I did like the looks of :Cm11, PAC , Vyper
I need some guidance...proper guidance , I ain'ta smart cookie but I catch on fast ) I'm just a silly stoner lol help me get my cell back to working state
misscanadianbee

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Take it to a repair shop, they can try a jtag.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.