XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help us with our galaxy s3

Tip us?

b0000y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help us with our galaxy s3

I have problem with my galaxy s3. it does not turn on at all.I tried to connected with my mac and it shows up the betray without charging ?!! i couldn't enter to downloading mod without i get connected with my mac !!

the phone is for my wife and it is only using for regular using ( i mean never do root or change the official sitting

is there any thing can i do with it to turn on? and is there any possible to get the photo and videos back (the data) because it is really worth it all our wedding and honeymoon on it

we bought the phone from Saudia arabia and now we are living in the USA

please help us !!!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 561
If it only turns on when plugged in then first suspect is the battery, replace it and charge it outside the phone so you know it is fully charged.

If that doesn't allow it to switch on then you can try flashing the same firmware you already had, with odin, but you may end up losing all your data if you need to factory reset.

A custom recovery, like philz, would allow you to backup data on the internal sd.

You will need to read and follow the guides in general forum as some of these steps can brick your phone if you get it wrong.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.