Tip us?

steebro
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [help] Mobile Odin Pro + MK6 4.3

I encountered a strange problem while using Mobile Odin Pro v.3.85 with 4.3 MK6

My phone : Samsung Galaxy S3

I usually use Mobile Odin Pro to flash firmware, i enable inject Root and SU so I wont lose Root and dont increase counter, staying all official.
Let me explain what I did.

I started from 4.1.2 all stock with root and MOP v 3.50 (mobile odin pro v 3.50). Downloaded MK6 firmware from thread in general s3 section and flashed using MOP with ever root: everything okay Im on 4.3. I tryied to open SuperSu and it says there isnt any SU binary with a message saying: "if you just updated to 4.3 install root manually". So i used CF Auto Root for S3 and installed it: once rebooted i couldnt find any SU icon in drawer, had to download latest from Play Store and I was rooted but with counters to "Unofficial" since I flashed with odin.

Now I reflashed 4.3 to avoid getting Unofficial Status: updated MOP to 3.85 latest, it auto downloads flash kernel, flashed 4.3 with everroot (I was already on 4.3 but with unofficial status). All I was hoping to achieve was a 4.3 rooted with MOP 3.85 and all counters to official. For past versions like 4.1.2 it worked!
MOP rebooted S3 and started flashing 4.3: at the end it was in a loop, it continued to flash 4.3 over and over.

Why I got that loop? It was an compatibility issue with 4.3 bootloader and MOP flash kernel?
Have I to downgrade bootloader to ICS first (like I had before)?

I had to go in download mode and flash 4.3 using pc odin, I was so scared! Now im on 4.3 without root but id like to have it with counters set to official.

Thank you, steebro.
Samsung Galaxy S3
Latest OmniROM with stock omni kernel
Only root and no Xposed framework
All stock

4Runnersurf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default loop issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by steebro View Post
I encountered a strange problem while using Mobile Odin Pro v.3.85 with 4.3 MK6

My phone : Samsung Galaxy S3

I usually use Mobile Odin Pro to flash firmware, i enable inject Root and SU so I wont lose Root and dont increase counter, staying all official.
Let me explain what I did.

I started from 4.1.2 all stock with root and MOP v 3.50 (mobile odin pro v 3.50). Downloaded MK6 firmware from thread in general s3 section and flashed using MOP with ever root: everything okay Im on 4.3. I tryied to open SuperSu and it says there isnt any SU binary with a message saying: "if you just updated to 4.3 install root manually". So i used CF Auto Root for S3 and installed it: once rebooted i couldnt find any SU icon in drawer, had to download latest from Play Store and I was rooted but with counters to "Unofficial" since I flashed with odin.

Now I reflashed 4.3 to avoid getting Unofficial Status: updated MOP to 3.85 latest, it auto downloads flash kernel, flashed 4.3 with everroot (I was already on 4.3 but with unofficial status). All I was hoping to achieve was a 4.3 rooted with MOP 3.85 and all counters to official. For past versions like 4.1.2 it worked!
MOP rebooted S3 and started flashing 4.3: at the end it was in a loop, it continued to flash 4.3 over and over.

Why I got that loop? It was an compatibility issue with 4.3 bootloader and MOP flash kernel?
Have I to downgrade bootloader to ICS first (like I had before)?

I had to go in download mode and flash 4.3 using pc odin, I was so scared! Now im on 4.3 without root but id like to have it with counters set to official.

Thank you, steebro.

Hi! Regarding your boot loop problem, may I suggest that after you flash with MOP, do go into recovery (cwm) and first do a wipe data / factory reset, followed by wipe cache partition. This will give you a fresh rom install. I may be wrong, but that is usually where the problem lies (not doing a wipe data / wipe cache after a fresh (official) ROM install. That's what I have read on countless forums. Hope it helps. Good luck!