Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,599 Members 43,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] phone randomly freezes - LiquidSmooth 2.37

Tip us?

ruruzozo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [HELP] phone randomly freezes - LiquidSmooth 2.37

Hello!
I've been on LiquidSmooth v2.37 for the last 3 months and with great pleasure. After flashing the ROM back in Nov 2013 I experienced few random phone hangs which I initially ignored => long press of power button and problem solved. These hangs became more frequent in Dec 2013 so I tried a cache wipe and also a factory reset with little success: the phone hangs frequency decreased but not disappeared. Presently I get this problem from 1 to 3-5 times per day, which starts to be annoying.

- Never modified the ROM. 100% LiquidSmooth official and original
- The phone does not completely freeze: screen and buttons become unresponsive however the status led still blinks. Moreover if I try to call the i9300 I can hear the call tones through the other phone, however no sound / vibration is produced by the i9300.
- Hangs happen mostly when I'm using apps but I could not find a pattern so they look random to me

Before i was on ParanoidAndroid and I have never experienced such issue.
Any suggestion? I don't wanna leave this ROM since it's really really good for me.

Thanks for your help!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Wipe and flash stock rom, if still freezing then you have bad memory blocks -read the freezing thread in general forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

ruruzozo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Wipe and flash stock rom, if still freezing then you have bad memory blocks -read the freezing thread in general forum.

Thanks.

Is there another way to test memory health rather than flashing the stock firmware? Maybe a benchmark app or something?
Where can I find the latest stock firmware and the guide to flash it?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruruzozo View Post
Thanks.

Is there another way to test memory health rather than flashing the stock firmware? Maybe a benchmark app or something?
Where can I find the latest stock firmware and the guide to flash it?

Memory test may be more destructive than a stock flash .

You have a Nandroid .

STICKYS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2344125

UNDERSTAND FIRST
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2362743

ruruzozo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hmm, ok, I'll install the stock firmware again.
can I pick any stock firmware for GT-I9300 or should I select the firmware based on phone current FW/baseband/recovery installed?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Use the latest full stock issued for your country, flash with odin and factory reset.

Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.