Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,922 Members 44,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help please! Frozen screen on "Downloading"

Tip us?

l3vy
Old
(Last edited by l3vy; 10th February 2014 at 04:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help please! Frozen screen on "Downloading"

Today I tried to root my s3 i9305 with odin. After I hit Start it stayed stuck like 20 minutes, I pulled the cable out and since than I can't get the phone to start. I even entered recovery mode and wiped everything out, still the phone won't start. "Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!!" If I remove the battery (can't shut it off other ways) and plug it in to charge, the same screen appears, doesn't even show the battery percentage. Please help!

amirTor
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3vy View Post
Today I tried to root my s3 i9305 with odin. After I hit Start it stayed stuck like 20 minutes, I pulled the cable out and since than I can't get the phone to start. I even entered recovery mode and wiped everything out, still the phone won't start. "Downloading.. Do not turn off target!!!" If I remove the battery (can't shut it off other ways) and plug it in to charge, the same screen appears, doesn't even show the battery percentage. Please help!
You've mentioned that you can enter the recovery- did you flash a custom one, or still in sotck?
Second- if you can enter recovery, is it possible for you to re-enter download mode? you can flash a stock rom from there...

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 681
Did you flash the right file? You are posting in the i9300 forum, anything here can brick your phone.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

l3vy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 56889988 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Did you flash the right file? You are posting in the i9300 forum, anything here can brick your phone.
Can you please give me a stock 4.1.2? Everywhere I look the file is on hotfile..

l3vy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, so today I flashed my phone with 4.3 (I9305XXUEML5_I9305EVRGML3_EVR.zip), when it booted I had no signal and IMEI was null. Fixed that with Param_Bin_I9305.zip . Works fine, but I have the same battery problem like everybody else, from 100% to 15% in a few hours. Can someone please give me a download link with stock 4.1.2 ? Don't want any custom roms. Thanks

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4417
You are still in the wrong forum.

Stock are saqmsung-updates and sammobile and a few others via Google .

Older roms that where on the deceased hotfile are no longer readily available as in many cases they where never reloaded .

help_em_up....
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
You've mentioned that you can enter the recovery- did you flash a custom one, or still in sotck?
Second- if you can enter recovery, is it possible for you to re-enter download mode? you can flash a stock rom from there...
try rooting the phone without odin, using the toolkit provided by the dev mskip.
( this would work for your i9305)
heres the link to it : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1979290
go for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
press thanks if i helped