XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Help] Not registered on network

Tip us?

arsal_93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Help] Not registered on network

Guys I just flashed a firmware 4.1.2on my device (not of my country) Now the problem is am getting the error not registered on network.I have checked my IMEI and also my serial number both are OK.But I am not sure why I am still getting the problem ? My guess is that I should have flashed my country firmware rather than European country firmware because in my country we still use 2g networks.Guys I need opinion please help

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Sounds like you flashed a modem that's incompatible with your network/country, either flash the right firmware or just modem. I'd suggest you read the guides in general forum, sticky thread -efs 'know this stuff', otherwise you may end up with imei problems.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hierarchy666
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsal_93 View Post
Guys I just flashed a firmware 4.1.2on my device (not of my country) Now the problem is am getting the error not registered on network.I have checked my IMEI and also my serial number both are OK.But I am not sure why I am still getting the problem ? My guess is that I should have flashed my country firmware rather than European country firmware because in my country we still use 2g networks.Guys I need opinion please help

Is your Baseband visible?
In Settings, about?

arsal_93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hierarchy666 View Post
Is your Baseband visible?
In Settings, about?
Yes,it is ... It is not turned to unknown and it's still visible

arsal_93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Sounds like you flashed a modem that's incompatible with your network/country, either flash the right firmware or just modem. I'd suggest you read the guides in general forum, sticky thread -efs 'know this stuff', otherwise you may end up with imei problems.
Yes I also think that way...But the problem is when I flash a baseband compatible with my region the ril goes missing... Plus I need to know where is the sticky thread ? And I want to know is there any difference b/w modem flashing and baseband ?

JustClass00
Old
Thanks Meter 18
If your baseband null to efs v2 then you flashed zuluman patch and kernel your network will done

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi