Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

help...Restore Galaxy s3 imei no?

OP tomniu

14th July 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Hello

I have a China Mobile galaxy gs3 i9308, and the imei no. was changed to 0000000000000/null because of rom flashing (I think).
Now I am not registered on the network, so I have to change the imei no. back.
I tried several tutorials online, but seems like they're only for the galaxy s.
I tried the 9 step guide but I can't find the .nv_data file in my efs folder.
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you
14th July 2012, 07:07 PM   |  #2  
vegeta1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag DELHI
Thanks Meter: 6,126
 
5,719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqLK_2I-SBM

check may be it helps
14th July 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqLK_2I-SBM

check may be it helps

Thanks for the quick reply. But I followed the written version of the guide and it only works for galaxy s? Because in my nv_data.bin file there's no line 00188008 in hex editor.
this is the link to that thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=881162
The video poster also said it only worked for galaxy s.
Any other ideas?
16th July 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
hey, I have the same problem, SGS3 with wrong imei 0049.... i lose my efs file, someone can help us?
17th July 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 526
 
2,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
You could try flashing stock rom, heard that this sometimes restores imei, not sure if it works on s3

Also, check if the rom or kernel you flashed created a eggs backup, some do

Sent via TCP/IP
Last edited by gsw5700; 17th July 2012 at 12:54 AM.
17th July 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Please help
i have the same problem i cant fix my imei, after flashing the phone it changed to 00499.. it made no backups and no nv_data.bin.bak
If the efs folder havent been backed up, what can i do? I tried changing the nv_data file like some tutorials here explain, but no luck(tried couple of times, it defently not compatible with my galaxy s3), i believe these tutorials are for erlier galaxies.
Please help!
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
17th July 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #7  
dazzztom's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag scunthorpe
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Flashing a stock rom works then root again it worked for me using a UK 3 official rom

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dazzztom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzztom

Flashing a stock rom works then root again it worked for me using a UK 3 official rom

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

it shouldn't work for restoring IMEI on the S3
3rd August 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #9  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 787
 
1,449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomniu

Hello

I have a China Mobile galaxy gs3 i9308, and the imei no. was changed to 0000000000000/null because of rom flashing (I think).
Now I am not registered on the network, so I have to change the imei no. back.
I tried several tutorials online, but seems like they're only for the galaxy s.
I tried the 9 step guide but I can't find the .nv_data file in my efs folder.
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Try this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1801997
3rd August 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Did you back up the efs folder before you flash your device?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
.nv_data, efs folder, galaxys3, imei, network
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes