Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help for root s3 4.3 updated

Tip us?

Afiqskull5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Thumbs up Need help for root s3 4.3 updated

Hello fellow s3 im new here i have seacrh guide to root s3 gt i9300 but allways failed i have try odin but i can't enter download mod i have press home button+volume button+power button but then my phone enter to android recovery mod.please anyone help me give guide to root my phone..

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Volume down goes to download mode, volume up goes to recovery mode. Follow the guide in sticky thread exactly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Afiqskull5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Volume down goes to download mode, volume up goes to recovery mode. Follow the guide in sticky thread exactly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Ohh thanks man!! I rooted my s3 yeahh and cwm installed now i afraid to install rom (s5 mini) can you give me step by step to install thats rom im new to samsung before this im from xperia anyway can you help me

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afiqskull5 View Post
Ohh thanks man!! I rooted my s3 yeahh and cwm installed now i afraid to install rom (s5 mini) can you give me step by step to install thats rom im new to samsung before this im from xperia anyway can you help me
You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you mentioned you where installing a custom rom..Why!..Because you don't need to root your device if you are installing custom roms they come already rooted,you only need to root your device if you are staying on your stock rom and want to install root apps and modify anything involving root.

Follow this guide comprehensive guide >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...imate-t1911726 << and also have you BACKED UP YOUR EFS! make sure before you go any further to back it up or you will find yourself with big problems later if things go wrong.. I suggest you read some more guides so you don't mess up your phone

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6