Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [HELP] S3 Automatically Turns On when plugged in

OP cgren

20th August 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
More
Hi everyone

Last night, when i plugged my usb charger to my S3 since it was drained, my phone suddenly turns on without hitting the power button,

I tried turning it off, then plugged again, the Grey battery icon with progress showed but then i was hoping to see the battery icon with green color (the usual icon when it is charging) instead it turned on.

I tried, installing stock rom, Official one, and everything is ok, phone doesnt turn on
Tried clearing cache and dalvik, same turning on happened
Tried installing a fresh ROM, still it turned on after plugged in

Can you help me guys... It doesnt affect my phone, but its quite annoying.

Thanks guys
20th August 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 22

68 posts
More
everyone have same problem with u mate if they use 4.4.2 base room, the issues haven't solve yet
The Following User Says Thank You to konohanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
is a "problem" that every 4.4.x porting have, just use offline mode(with ultra power save or power save if u wanna) and the job is done
20th August 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

59 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco853

is a "problem" that every 4.4.x porting have, just use offline mode(with ultra power save or power save if u wanna) and the job is done

How can i do that?
20th August 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgren

How can i do that?

Simple, expand notification bar, then switch to rapid settings screen, here you find offline/airplane mode(depends on translation), the one with the airplane icon, after you enabled this all networks(cell net. Wifi bt ecc...) will be shut down, you can re enable wifi if u want to surf web , i suggest you to reboot the phone sometime(one every 1 or 2 days).
23rd August 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 135

644 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by konohanz

everyone have same problem with u mate if they use 4.4.2 base room, the issues haven't solve yet

That is not true. I have never experienced such an issue on any rom I have flashed, I also did a quick search here on xda and cannot find anyone else with this problem.

@cgren
Does this only happen on one specific rom?
Since it does not happen in stock it might be an option in the rom/kernel you have chosen but since you have given no information I cannot check for you.
23rd August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke5tShad0w

That is not true. I have never experienced such an issue on any rom I have flashed, I also did a quick search here on xda and cannot find anyone else with this problem.

@cgren
Does this only happen on one specific rom?
Since it does not happen in stock it might be an option in the rom/kernel you have chosen but since you have given no information I cannot check for you.

For several days, i have tried number of AOSP and Samsung based custom roms 4.4.X it same thing happens.

But on Official Samsung Roms Everything is ok.

No biggie. As long as it doesnt affect my phone's performance its fine with me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread