[help thread] how to dual boot sammy jellybean 4.3 and kitkat 4.4.2

OP Mosh Edd

7th May 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 244

582 posts
More
Here I will give you the steps you need to have fully working dualboot, I mean, what worked for me as the steps on on specific Dualboot threads didn't seem to work for me. When I have time, I will do a video illustration; just ask for clarification where you might need. here we go.

1. Download Googy Max2 Kernel. Thanks to @googy_anas
2. Download devil recovery or here thanks to @DerTeufel1980
3. Save the Secondary, CM11 ROM in your internal sdcard.
4. Reboot into recovery and flash Googy Max 2 Kernel and reboot phone, make sure you have Stweaks application, if not download it from the playstore. Here is the Link
5. Launch Stweaks application and go to dualboot tab, select reboot into secondary ROM utils.
6. In the recovery, go dualboot menu and format secondary ROM System.
7. Go to main menu in recovery and scroll to advanced, and select reboot to recovery, this should take you to the currently installed Recovery, i.e. Philz or TWRP, you need that.
8. Flash devil recovery and select reboot recovery after it's completed.
9. after the reboot, go to dual boot menu and select create secondary system image, this should take sometime, wait for it to finish, and after it's done, to to main menu and get ready to flash. P.S. You need at least 2GB of internal storage for smooth running.

10. first backup your current ROM, this should be Samsung 4.3
11. Go to mounts and storage, and select storage menu for Secondary Fs>mount /system and go back.
12. Go to install zip>Choose zip>Rom to secondary Fs, locate and flash, make sure you have a backup of that ROM since it gets modified to always install as Secondary ROM, incase you might need it if you happen to get bored with dualboot.
13. Go to install zip>Choose zip>zip to Secondary Fs and locate your gapps and flash.
14. Go to install zip>Choose zip>kernel, Recovery or modem, locate Googy Max2 Kernel and reflash it since the new ROM flashed it's default kernel.
15. Go to main menu and reboot secondary system now, Googy Max2 Kernel will handle it.
16. Just in case you try to reboot into primary ROM and it doesn't work, reboot into recovery and wipe data or clean install for Primary ROM and restore your backup, everything should now be perfect.

<<<<<Enjoy Dualboot>>>>>
Last edited by Mosh Edd; 7th May 2014 at 10:20 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mosh Edd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █

582 posts
More
mine
Last edited by Mosh Edd; 7th May 2014 at 09:13 AM.
7th May 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █

582 posts
More
just in case
Last edited by Mosh Edd; 7th May 2014 at 09:13 AM.
7th May 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 65

232 posts
Thanks for making this thread... It helps me as well as the newbies ( for dual boot).... @Mosh Edd

GT -19300 Official miui 4.4.25 ★★★★★★★★
The Following User Says Thank You to itz22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 22

74 posts
I found an error at 9th step when im creating it failed :banghead:
Any solution.
Thanks for this helping

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
9th May 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #6  

232 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah81

I found an error at 9th step when im creating it failed :banghead:
Any solution.
Thanks for this helping

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

while creating secondary image if u felt error Dont u worry at all dat error is not a major one just go ahead n follow d process it will work as charm ..
Press thanks if dis help u out ..

GT -19300 Dual boot
Neat Rom as primary
Sokp as secondary
★★★★★★★★
The Following User Says Thank You to itz22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 270

431 posts
More
there is an error because step 6 and 9 are in fact the same. devil recovery is not capable do redo the 2nd rom partition if googy 2nd rom utils recovery hast already done it. espacially with newer roms the in stweaks built in recovery should not be used anymore because it cannot handle recent roms (kitkat based). so its better to directly use the format in devil recovery instead of stweaks way.

there are by the way also alternatives for dualbooting for example by using directly the newest devil kernel. then you can also use the improved devil recovery which is able to flash directly without modifing roms as second rom. it can even handle aroma based roms as second rom while the older recovery is often not able to do so (newer devil recovery cannot be used with googy kernel)
10th May 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #8  

232 posts
Correct me if em wrong .. I didn't followed steps 6 coz I knw it from d very first day of devil's conditions..
N yeah S tweaks is still working well with new kitkat baseed roms ( cm11 build 9 /05/14 ) .. .. y should we go to devil recovery n den reboot to primary or secondary rom wen Stweaks can easily handle this with an ease .... ya em quite agree with d new devil recovery n recommend to others to try out d new devil improved kernel ...

GT -19300 Dual boot
Neat Rom as primary
Sokp as secondary
★★★★★★★★
7th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 209

941 posts
More
Can you also make a (little) tutorial for how to delete dual-boot without screwing something up.
Thanks in advance.
7th August 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #10  
Flag Brabant.
Thanks Meter: 261

768 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anas Karbila

Can you also make a (little) tutorial for how to delete dual-boot without screwing something up.
Thanks in advance.

Go to root/data/media and delete .secondrom folder.
Thats it.

The Following User Says Thank You to coolhof For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
devil recovery, dualboot, googy-max2 kernel, two in one
Previous Thread Next Thread