5,594,151 Members 46,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Help. Volume Up not working, phone not booting and can't enter recovery mode

Tip us?

anpho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] Need Help. Volume Up not working, phone not booting and can't enter recovery mode

I have a problem. My volume up was not working very well for a while but it worked if you pressed it hard enough so I didn't go on about fixing it, because I was controlling volume within the settings. The problem got worse all the time and now it isn't working at all. And on top of that now my phone can't boot probably cause of some bad zip I was flashing while trying some mods for my rom (I am using Omega v51), and the phone stays on the omega droid walking screen and doesn't boot. Usually this would not be a problem because I would boot into recovery and reflash the rom, or wipe davlik and cache or fix permissions or whatever. But now with the volume up not working I can't go into recovery. I can't go into download mode either, to flash rom via odin, because, despite volume down button works ok, when you go into download mode you still have to press volume up to "continue".
Any other way to get into recovery or download mode without the use of volume rockers?
I even try with adb commands but they don't seem to work when the rom is booting...

PS. I don't think it's a problem of the volume rocker, rather it's a problem of the volume switch on the cable, because i removed the back panel and removed the volume button, and pressed the switch manually and it doesn't work either. I can order another cable from e-bay but it will take a while to arrive and in the meantime, I am stuck without a phone, so any help on getting in the recovery or download mode is appreciated.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
USB recovery jig for download mode . See multiple posts .
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anpho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
USB recovery jig for download mode . See multiple posts .
Thanks for the answer. I thought of that but I don't have one and if i order one from e-bay it will take a while to arrive also. I am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve waiting that long

anpho
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Just un update. Finally i got into download mode and stayed in the screen where you need to press volume up to go into download mode, removed the volume up button and pressed the up switch with a screwdriver hoping that at least one time it will be pressed and go into download mode and finally i was able to do that. So i reflashed the rom via odin and it booted into the rom. now volume up still not working, but at least I have a working phone until the parts from e-bay arrive to replace the faulty button and/or switch
Thanks for the help.