5,598,463 Members 46,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help:GS3 stuck wid a red exclamation mark

Tip us?

snidhin08
Old
(Last edited by snidhin08; 23rd December 2013 at 08:28 AM.) Reason: Had to add a sentence
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help:GS3 stuck wid a red exclamation mark

I was trying to install archidroid v2.3.2..i had already rooted my phone.i hav CWM v5.5.0.4..CF v1.5.so i tried wipe data/factory reset..nd an error msg "Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!" ,skipping format " popped up.I do not have an external sd card inserted.Then I tried flashing wid archidroid..nw itz stuck at gs3 logo wid a red exclamation mark..dont know wot to do..pls help!!

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by snidhin08 View Post
I was trying to install archidroid v2.3.2..i had already rooted my phone.i hav CWM v5.5.0.4..CF v1.5.so i tried wipe data/factory reset..nd an error msg "Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!" ,skipping format " popped up.I do not have an external sd card inserted.Then I tried flashing wid archidroid..nw itz stuck at gs3 logo wid a red exclamation mark..dont know wot to do..pls help!!
Weird. But sdcard for android means ur internal memory. extsdcard means ur external sdcard. Can u try flashing another rom?

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snidhin08
Old
(Last edited by snidhin08; 23rd December 2013 at 10:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Weird. But sdcard for android means ur internal memory. extsdcard means ur external sdcard. Can u try flashing another rom?

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.
Thanks a bunch for the reply!!..I wil certainly try that..But one more thing..I got a metadata error while flashing archidroid..i came to knw its because of cwm version incompatibility...Could you plz tel me how i can change the CWM version..??currently it boots only upto recovery mode..!!I wud really like to try archidroid..and it was my first attempt.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Go and read the basics in general forum sticky threads, before you brick your phone. Use Philz recovery to flash, use odin to flash the recovery, check the md5 of every download before you try to flash it.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snidhin08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Go and read the basics in general forum sticky threads, before you brick your phone. Use Philz recovery to flash, use odin to flash the recovery, check the md5 of every download before you try to flash it.
Ok..Can u plz answer this doubt..As i have Flashed the recovery already,..is it possible to flash another?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Yes, the recovery you've flashed is very old and will cause SDS. Visit Philz thread and follow the guide on flashing.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snidhin08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Yes, the recovery you've flashed is very old and will cause SDS. Visit Philz thread and follow the guide on flashing.
thanks brother..It was the recovery indeed..Successfully flashed Philz recovery and Archidroid 2.3.2.I shud have read more...Sorry for the trouble..