Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home screen -_-

Tip us?

medothe1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Home screen -_-

Hi I bought a new s3 with 4.3 rooted already a while ago and I noticed there are some bugs one of them that the home app "touch wiz" is closed or restarted when I open any other app as if it is closed due to the lack of ram or something, really annoying actually it takes some time to restart.
also I don't wanna open a new thread for that but I find that always like 700+ mg of the 830 mg available even after I have closed all the recently oppened apps and pressed the "release memory" ..
Any help please I feel very disappointed I just bought it :'(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Mr Woolf
Old
Thanks Meter 698
Welcome to touchwiz. Now go flash a rom.

Not sent from a shiny new phone.
One+ cm11s

Don't say "Thanks", just hit the button - it keeps the threads clean.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Woolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

medothe1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Woolf View Post
Welcome to touchwiz. Now go flash a rom.

Not sent from a shiny new phone.
So that's normal with touch wiz not just me?
And what about the ram issue? Does it really consume all that ram?

AMLB
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Yes dude. If you exit an app it takes a few seconds to load right? And yes it does consume a lot of ram because of all the bloatware touchwiz have. Then i heard that no more 4.4 update for the S3 because samsung said the ram cant handle it because of the new bloatcrap their going to add. That is when i snapped! No more touchwiz for me. You can try using a custom rom so much better in everyway. I have been using Omnirom now and no problems so far. Hope this helps dude.

GT-I9300 running Omnirom and a new handset coming soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to AMLB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

medothe1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLB View Post
Yes dude. If you exit an app it takes a few seconds to load right? And yes it does consume a lot of ram because of all the bloatware touchwiz have. Then i heard that no more 4.4 update for the S3 because samsung said the ram cant handle it because of the new bloatcrap their going to add. That is when i snapped! No more touchwiz for me. You can try using a custom rom so much better in everyway. I have been using Omnirom now and no problems so far. Hope this helps dude.

Wooah I was just reading that 1gb news when I got the notification
I was really looking for a custom rom and thought about omni.. so how're the ram and consumption?

AMLB
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I got about 300mb free ram and the battery life is great in omnirom. But feel free to try other custom roms out. Its a lot of fun.

GT-I9300 running Omnirom and a new handset coming soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to AMLB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]