5,605,438 Members 43,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I remove the lock screen pin? (S3)

Tip us?

StephanBotha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default How do I remove the lock screen pin? (S3)

Can anyone tell me how to add an administrator so I can disable and remove the pin lock I added to my lock screen?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

kickassdave
Old
Thanks Meter 191
I take it you haven't yet flashed a custom rom or anything?

I set up a pin when I was drunk once and forgot it later on. Had to go in to recovery wipe data etc and reflash a ROM... that will work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

delsus
Old
Thanks Meter 805
In android if you enter your password or pin (think it works with pin as well) wrong too many times it should ask you to log into your Google account then it will unlock and you can remove it.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3.

ROM: Whatever I feel like at any one time

Kernel: Please see above

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1216
interesting..
does it require network? or does it cached credential?

StephanBotha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi guys

I know my pin but in the settings its not possible to diable it. Only options are to choose a different method like pattern swipe.
Still running stock Touchwiz for the S3

nailerr
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Settings, security, clear credentials.

Happened to me when adding then removing an Exchange server.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nailerr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StephanBotha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Excellent!

Thank you!

falcor1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you Nailerr.

Darth_Wraith
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Yes you can remove lock screen from menu

Ok, to all who have a galaxy S3: yes you can remove the pin lock screen through the menu! No flash this or reset that, it's a waste of your time! Your going to brick your phone with all that crap! Very easy, here goes:
1. settings
2. lock screen
3. screen lock (secured with pin)
4. enter your pin: if entered correctly this will bring up the screen lock menu
5. select your screen lock, (swipe, motion, face unlock, face & voice, pattern, pin, password, none)
6. choose what you want.
yes, it's that easy!
Googled for a couple days straight and found nothing like this. Was going through my phone when I just lucked out and figuired it out. Just wanted to give back to these forums for all the help they give me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth_Wraith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andresetc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_wraith View Post
ok, to all who have a galaxy s3: Yes you can remove the pin lock screen through the menu! No flash this or reset that, it's a waste of your time! Your going to brick your phone with all that crap! Very easy, here goes:
1. Settings
2. Lock screen
3. Screen lock (secured with pin)
4. Enter your pin: If entered correctly this will bring up the screen lock menu
5. Select your screen lock, (swipe, motion, face unlock, face & voice, pattern, pin, password, none)
6. Choose what you want.
Yes, it's that easy!
Googled for a couple days straight and found nothing like this. Was going through my phone when i just lucked out and figuired it out. Just wanted to give back to these forums for all the help they give me.
finally someone with the correct answer !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!