denno020
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
U can always return back to stock to send back for warranty

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I don't think they will be interested in that though, as I've rooted the phone, and installed a custom rom.. Also, I've had the phone for over 12 months..

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by denno020 View Post
I don't think they will be interested in that though, as I've rooted the phone, and installed a custom rom.. Also, I've had the phone for over 12 months..
I edited my post with the link to go back to stock. Hmm. U can go to a repair shop. I post the link again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2323847

denno020
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
I edited my post with the link to go back to stock. Hmm. U can go to a repair shop. I post the link again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2323847

Ok cool, I will have a look at that..

I managed to get into the play store and download the eMMC Brickbug Check app, and it's telling me that it's still a problem, so Cyanogenmod 10.2 doesn't have the fix incorporated into it..

I would still like to find how to apply this kernel patch, as I reckon it will definitely help..

Darke5tShad0w
Old
Thanks Meter 14
CM 10.2 does indeed have the fix incorporated, the checker only checks if you have the chip that's affected and nothing more. It will not tell you if you have a fix applied

denno020
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darke5tShad0w View Post
CM 10.2 does indeed have the fix incorporated, the checker only checks if you have the chip that's affected and nothing more. It will not tell you if you have a fix applied
I see.. Then that's a bit more concerning that my phone is still freezing. It doesn't do it as much now though, it seems to have 'settled', and now only freezes every now and then.. But if the fix has been applied, I don't see a reason why my phone would freeze at all :/

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by denno020 View Post
I see.. Then that's a bit more concerning that my phone is still freezing. It doesn't do it as much now though, it seems to have 'settled', and now only freezes every now and then.. But if the fix has been applied, I don't see a reason why my phone would freeze at all :/
I dun think its the problem with ur insane chip. I have the insane chip too and I dun freeze