Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to bypass the pattern?

Tip us?

RaggleFraggles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How to bypass the pattern?

A friend hired me to help him root his phone and teach him how to install custom ROMs and kernels.
But he forgot to take the pin/pattern off of his phone before giving it to me. Now I cannot contact him. Our schedules were set up to where I can get his phone back to him by tonight as opposed to waiting 2 days. And him going 2 days without a phone.
It would be best if I could do it today. It does not have ABD enabled.

NivPgir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can't you just reset it, go to download mode and flash CF autoroot?

you don't need the pattern for that...

RaggleFraggles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I need to back up his media. Can I do that like that? I thought unlocking the bootloader erased it all.

NivPgir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hate to be that guy that gives halfway explanations, but I don't have for a long explanation.

the skipsoft android toolkit has a function that's supposed to do the trick, but Iv'e never used it and as I said i don't have time to check it now.

you could try alone or wait for someone with time or maybe even more qualified than me to answer.

good day, sorry.

RaggleFraggles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NivPgir View Post
I hate to be that guy that gives halfway explanations, but I don't have for a long explanation.

the skipsoft android toolkit has a function that's supposed to do the trick, but Iv'e never used it and as I said i don't have time to check it now.

you could try alone or wait for someone with time or maybe even more qualified than me to answer.

good day, sorry.
Pretty much everything in skipsoft requires adb.
I can't unlock the phone to enable it.

NivPgir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Send him an email

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

dxppxd
Old
Thanks Meter 183
You should try and contact your friend.

Either way, you don't need to bypass the pin to flash a recovery or cf auto root via odin. Just get the phone into download mode.

You could also flash philz touch recovery via odin, flash the root zip via philz touch and use adb commands from philz touch to pull/push stuff. Also, doing a nandroid backup from philz touch will save important data and all apps installed.

The s3 bootloader isn't locked, so unless explicitly wiping stuff, flashing through odin won't erase any data.

RaggleFraggles
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Nevermind everyone i got it