Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to manually add lyrics to .flac songs on android stock music player ?

Tip us?

thisisbmh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to manually add lyrics to .flac songs on android stock music player ?

Hey there i've been trying to find a way to add lyrics to my songs on my galaxy s3 but i only have loseless version of them ( .flac ) and not ( .mp3 ) like most of the tutorials out there.Is there anyway to manually add lyrics on my songs and not automatically because some of my songs are in vietnamese ?

Darkened_Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbmh View Post
Hey there i've been trying to find a way to add lyrics to my songs on my galaxy s3 but i only have loseless version of them ( .flac ) and not ( .mp3 ) like most of the tutorials out there.Is there anyway to manually add lyrics on my songs and not automatically because some of my songs are in vietnamese ?
well I am able to add/change lyrics of my flac files with foobar2000 manually on windows. just right-click the song then properties and then add your lyrics to the "Lyrics" section. But I only do that if my automatic lyricsgrabber-plugin (also compatible with foobar) fails.

but I play my music with poweramp and it displays the lyrics correctly, so I don't know if the stock player can display them (and I cannot test it as I deleted it )
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thisisbmh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened_Sky View Post
well I am able to add/change lyrics of my flac files with foobar2000 manually on windows. just right-click the song then properties and then add your lyrics to the "Lyrics" section. But I only do that if my automatic lyricsgrabber-plugin (also compatible with foobar) fails.

but I play my music with poweramp and it displays the lyrics correctly, so I don't know if the stock player can display them (and I cannot test it as I deleted it )
hi there thanks for the reply and it worked but may i ask if there is any way to show the lyrics automatically on the screen when you click on the album cover or something like that and not by clicking the "lyrics" option ?

Darkened_Sky
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbmh View Post
hi there thanks for the reply and it worked but may i ask if there is any way to show the lyrics automatically on the screen when you click on the album cover or something like that and not by clicking the "lyrics" option ?
sorry I cannot answer you for the stock music player, because I deleted it. In poweramp you also have to click on lyrics

But I remember long ago (1-2 years ) I used jetaudio and it was able to display automatically the lyrics semi-transparent on top of the album cover if you checked the correct setting. But I don't know if this feature still exists
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkened_Sky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]