No registration required

[Q] How to recover EMEI with EFS Backup present

OP smithy81

3rd May 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi @all,

this is my first post in this Forum, so I hope I do it right.
I have a bit of experience with Linux but I'm a noob when it comes to Android, so please bear with me.

I bought a new Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 international Version) as a replacement for my good old N900.

First thing I did was root my handy and make a Backup of my EFS. I used the Tool "Samsung Tool - Universal Support" from ricky310711. To be save I copied it to my Laptop and checked the MD5 Sum.

After this I followed the installation tutorial from MIUI for the Galaxy S3 and installed it successfully an my Device. When I tried to make a call I noticed that the Phone was not registered in the Network. Because of that I checked the IMEI and as I thought I got a devel. IMEI ( 00499....... )
. I tried to restore my Backup of the EFS-Partition with the Tool "Samsung Tool" and with a dd command on the commandline but with no effect.
I have read a lot of Posts across the web and found some tutorials that say something about removing some Files and Directories in /efs but I'm not sure if schould realy do this.

Does anyone has an Idear what I can try next?
3rd May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 369

1,155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy81

Hi @all,

this is my first post in this Forum, so I hope I do it right.
I have a bit of experience with Linux but I'm a noob when it comes to Android, so please bear with me.

I bought a new Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300 international Version) as a replacement for my good old N900.

First thing I did was root my handy and make a Backup of my EFS. I used the Tool "Samsung Tool - Universal Support" from ricky310711. To be save I copied it to my Laptop and checked the MD5 Sum.

After this I followed the installation tutorial from MIUI for the Galaxy S3 and installed it successfully an my Device. When I tried to make a call I noticed that the Phone was not registered in the Network. Because of that I checked the IMEI and as I thought I got a devel. IMEI ( 00499....... )
. I tried to restore my Backup of the EFS-Partition with the Tool "Samsung Tool" and with a dd command on the commandline but with no effect.
I have read a lot of Posts across the web and found some tutorials that say something about removing some Files and Directories in /efs but I'm not sure if schould realy do this.

Does anyone has an Idear what I can try next?

Did you read this >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289 <<

and this >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=15 <<
3rd May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag surat
Thanks Meter: 16

71 posts
More
help
hi i was on stock 4.1.2 then i rooted flashed twrp recovery using toolkit and flashed revolutionary 5 4.3 straight away i didn't backup efs i know it was dump thing to do but i was new to galaxy s3 flashing so basically i f***k up. then i flashed official 4.3 firmware using odin.now i have a network reception but can't make or attend calls.i was thinking to go back to 4.1.2 in hope of getting things to work. please help n reply asap!! thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread