Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to reset the status bar

Tip us?
 
Depressed T.Bear
Old
#1  
Depressed T.Bear's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 245
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Berlin
Question [Q] How to reset the status bar

Hi

yesterday I updated my SGS3 GTI9300 to the latest official 4.3 update.
The update progress worked fine with odin, but now I face a little problem.

In the status bar, the "eye" icon of the smart view feature is visible all the time. I know its cosmetic, it bothers me.
I guess it can be easily fixed if I clear the data & cache of the status bar apk...But I don't know which application it is.

Can somebody tell me how to fix it?
 
Jumaqidi
Old
#2  
Jumaqidi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,054
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depressed T.Bear View Post
Hi

yesterday I updated my SGS3 GTI9300 to the latest official 4.3 update.
The update progress worked fine with odin, but now I face a little problem.

In the status bar, the "eye" icon of the smart view feature is visible all the time. I know its cosmetic, it bothers me.
I guess it can be easily fixed if I clear the data & cache of the status bar apk...But I don't know which application it is.

Can somebody tell me how to fix it?
I dun think u can delete it without having root. Even with root still hard. U have to edit the rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
jinosong
Old
#3  
jinosong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 513
Posts: 979
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seoul
The eye is Smart Stay.

Settings/Device/Smart Screen
 
Jumaqidi
Old
#4  
Jumaqidi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 185
Posts: 1,054
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinosong View Post
The eye is Smart Stay.

Settings/Device/Smart Screen
He knows lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you
 
TheAwesomeBit
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 42
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colombo
Most of the phones now have the smart stay icon permanently. (Even those running 4.1.2 like galaxy core, express,etc) It was just our S3 that wasnt like this during its 4.1.2. days.
Thats just an indication the smart stay is active and u can disable it from the notif bar.
However if you still cannot tolerate it :P then u can do some ROM editing of your own. IMO its not worth the hassle :/
 
Depressed T.Bear
Old
#6  
Depressed T.Bear's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 245
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeBit View Post
Most of the phones now have the smart stay icon permanently. (Even those running 4.1.2 like galaxy core, express,etc) It was just our S3 that wasnt like this during its 4.1.2. days.
Thats just an indication the smart stay is active and u can disable it from the notif bar.
However if you still cannot tolerate it :P then u can do some ROM editing of your own. IMO its not worth the hassle :/
No the icon is even there, if I deactivate it! This must be a bug, my friends doesnt have this. Only for a few seconds when smart stay checks if your eyes are there
 
tallman43
Old
#7  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 317
Posts: 919
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
If you install Wanam Xposed framework you can choose to hide the eye icon...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Depressed T.Bear
Old
#8  
Depressed T.Bear's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 245
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
If you install Wanam Xposed framework you can choose to hide the eye icon...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks! I just forgot to use it, cause it was not available for 4.1.2!
Now the eye's gone
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
ROM: ArchiDroid V1.7.18
Kernel: Boeffla 5.4-beta2
Recovery: Philz Touch Recovery v6.48.4
Other: Xposed Framework,Arsaws Lockscreens,XPrivacy-Pro,Greenify

>>> Click button if my post is help or useful. <<<



The Following User Says Thank You to Depressed T.Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more

BrightNotes Makes Cloud Notes Simple and Easy

There are literally thousands of note taking apps available on Android, with practically every … more