FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[Q] How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300

Thanks Meter: 0

By Eliminate007, Member on 14th August 2014, 07:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Android 4.3

I'm a noob at this and it is my first time. As the title says how to root a s3? So if any of you's know how to root it and/or know how to get ODIN please let me know?

Please Try to answer me questions below:
---Any Threads or something that's trusted to work while rooting.
---Whats the difference between Nandroid and backing up something on CWM?
---Can i backup my stock rom?
---How to Flash roms?
Last edited by Eliminate007; 14th August 2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: More information on what i want to know.

14th August 2014, 12:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Go to this thread and read very carefully..make sure to download the correct files. You can download Odin here too:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957273

1. A nandroid backup(of your whole ROM(system and user data) is done through a custom recovery such as CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch Recovery
2. Yes you can backup your stock ROM but you have to be rooted and need a custom recovery like the ones mentioned above to do the nandroid backup. Here's philz touch recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2002953
Again follow the instructions closely. Ask questions if needed.
3. Custom Roms can be downloaded here on xda and flashed/installed through your custom recovery

Sent from a "Galaxy" far, far away with my Ultra Ray Gun

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's another thread for installing via odin: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969

Sent from a "Galaxy" far, far away with my Ultra Ray Gun
5th September 2014, 07:35 AM |#3  

More
i cant connect my s3 to odin
i cant connect my s3 to odin. i tried every thing. please help.
5th September 2014, 10:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hi, do I loose any data if I just root my S3 or can I root it without any data loss?
5th September 2014, 12:35 PM |#5  
Flag Behind you :D
Thanks Meter: 2,548

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akantinuris

Hi, do I loose any data if I just root my S3 or can I root it without any data loss?

It's very unlikly to loose your data with root, but it's possible, I would say I rooted like 20 Smartphones, no one ever lost the data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 02:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

It's very unlikly to loose your data with root, but it's possible, I would say I rooted like 20 Smartphones, no one ever lost the data.

Thanks, I want to root my Dad's S3 (to get rid of most of the bloatware), but he does not want to set it up from scratch.
7th September 2014, 11:20 PM |#7  

More
same scenario with what my cousin wants..
10th January 2015, 06:02 AM |#8  

More
I found that using the TowelRoot.apk file helped and made the transition to root very fast (I did this on a android version 4.4.2 - Samsung Galaxy S3 - SPH-L710)

1.) Go to Settings > Security > and opt in Unknown Sources to allow install third-party apps

2.) Download Towelroot apk
towelroot .org

3.) Run towelroot.apk file

4.) Click install.

5.) Grant permission to install if your device says "It's not recommended to install towelroot.apk."
(Some virus protection apps will say this is malicious.)

6.) Wait while installation completes.

7.) Run installed Towelroot.

8.) Click on "Make it ra1n"

From there it'll reboot. After that I would install the SuperSU, busy box x, and a root checker app. Then I would explorer more of XDA's apps and themes threads/posts. Very helpful for a first timer. Hope this helps.
Last edited by hackerso35; 12th January 2015 at 02:53 PM.
10th January 2015, 07:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 810

More
Not helpful, you posted in the wrong forum -you don't have an i9300 so this won't work for anyone here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread