Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 38,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9300 ON 4.3 Official - Slow, Laggy and Screen Flicker when swiping

Tip us?

adam7862
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default I9300 ON 4.3 Official - Slow, Laggy and Screen Flicker when swiping

Hi guys ive got a Samsung s3 which is on 4.3 official stock rom, however im having some problems. Firstly is the problem of lagging, for example i could be using the browser and when i go back to the home screen there is nothing there and it takes a few seconds for all the icons to load back.

Second problem which is intermittent and usually goes away when i reboot the phone is when swiping through the homescreen i get these weird screen flickers (Not sure if screen flicker is the right word) but basically i can see my other app icons in the background which become enlarged. I have included some picures to better explain. Do you think this is a hardware or software fault and what should i do?

Any helps appreciated, Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-17 15.41.26.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	2635773   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-17 15.58.20.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	2635774  

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7862 View Post
Hi guys ive got a Samsung s3 which is on 4.3 official stock rom, however im having some problems. Firstly is the problem of lagging, for example i could be using the browser and when i go back to the home screen there is nothing there and it takes a few seconds for all the icons to load back.

Second problem which is intermittent and usually goes away when i reboot the phone is when swiping through the homescreen i get these weird screen flickers (Not sure if screen flicker is the right word) but basically i can see my other app icons in the background which become enlarged. I have included some picures to better explain. Do you think this is a hardware or software fault and what should i do?

Any helps appreciated, Thanks.
(1) Backup any files photos then factory reset

If problem still there

(2) Flash another stock rom with Odin

If problem still there probably hardware related

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
The Following User Says Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turboyeyo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem. The flicker of the screen I think is touchwizz because when I use another launcher dissappears.
Normally with a reboot I fix it, but it happens again from time to time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

hitback
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this happens on my s3 after update to 4.3 how to fix this

hitback
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Up for this thread.

Andr3y29
Old
Thanks Meter 151
I also got that flickering on TW launchers (even on an S5 themed one). And actually, it's not a flickering, it is a stretched app icon (in the screenshot you atached it is Camera). I observed (at least in my case) that this happens when the RAM usage is above 700-750MB. try a custom ROM (after backing up, recommended) like SmartDroid Simple v7, NxTGen 13.1, ehich both have really good RAM usage (on Smartdroid v7 I got as low as 280, if i remember well. I posted the screenshot in that thread.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S3 Garnet Red 16GB (GT-I9300)
ROM : L-DROID 2.2.0
By SeniorLimpio
KERNEL: Stock for now
SD: 32GB SanDisk
BATTERY: Stock 2100mAh/ Extended 4800mAh
The Following User Says Thank You to Andr3y29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitback
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3y29 View Post
I also got that flickering on TW launchers (even on an S5 themed one). And actually, it's not a flickering, it is a stretched app icon (in the screenshot you atached it is Camera). I observed (at least in my case) that this happens when the RAM usage is above 700-750MB. try a custom ROM (after backing up, recommended) like SmartDroid Simple v7, NxTGen 13.1, ehich both have really good RAM usage (on Smartdroid v7 I got as low as 280, if i remember well. I posted the screenshot in that thread.
what did you do yo remove this weird issue?

Toadyg
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I had similar problems after updating from official 4.1.2 to official 4.3 (MJ9 ROM, November 2013). Problems were extremely widespread. I got sick of waiting for Samsung to even acknowledge the problem and eventually moved to NeatROM, and I'm happy to say I haven't looked back. I will probably never return to stock now.

Andr3y29
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitback View Post
what did you do yo remove this weird issue?
Usually clearing the RAM solved the problem for me.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S3 Garnet Red 16GB (GT-I9300)
ROM : L-DROID 2.2.0
By SeniorLimpio
KERNEL: Stock for now
SD: 32GB SanDisk
BATTERY: Stock 2100mAh/ Extended 4800mAh
The Following User Says Thank You to Andr3y29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitback
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3y29 View Post
Usually clearing the RAM solved the problem for me.
How to clear ram? Thanks.