Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q][I9300][4.4.2] What Audio Mod/Engine do you use on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

OP sanketss84

22nd May 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #1  
sanketss84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Hi Guys,

What audio mods/engines are you guys using on your kitkat custom rom.

I have tried Viper4Android FX 2.3.3.0 but honestly did not notice any difference
[before the ppl who created this mod and ppl who use it religiously enjoy it come and kill me, sorry but i mean no disrespect]

So what more options do i have.

I am looking for mods that will
1. Not drain a lot of battery.
2. Offer good, clear, crisp audio quality.
3. be compatible with 4.4.2 KitKat Roms.

Currently on RRemix 5.1.1 + Boeffla Kernel OMNI 2.2

I have tried various customization's on my phone the last piece of my customization puzzle is good audio and so far i haven't found any good solutions.

Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by sanketss84; 22nd May 2014 at 10:50 AM.
22nd May 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
ollielol's Avatar
Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 10
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
i got exactly the same rom and the same kernel and was wondering the same thing... i also tried viperforandroid and when you put it into expert mode you can change your audio to your liking (different modes of surround, gain, ...) it does make a big difference. but speaker quality still isn't what i would like it to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to ollielol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #3  
sanketss84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollielol

i got exactly the same rom and the same kernel and was wondering the same thing... i also tried viperforandroid and when you put it into expert mode you can change your audio to your liking (different modes of surround, gain, ...) it does make a big difference. but speaker quality still isn't what i would like it to be.

I use headphones only, what music player are you using.

Sent from my GT-I9300
22nd May 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #4  
ollielol's Avatar
Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 10
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketss84

I use headphones only, what music player are you using.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Google play music and i copied the viper4android app to system apps
22nd May 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #5  
sanketss84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollielol

Google play music and i copied the viper4android app to system apps

Do we need to copy to system apps?
I had not done that earlier.

Sent from my GT-I9300
22nd May 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #6  
ollielol's Avatar
Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 10
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketss84

Do we need to copy to system apps?
I had not done that earlier.

Sent from my GT-I9300

There are apps for that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...systemappmover
You dont have to move it but when the app isnt a sytem apps it tends to stop the effects for a few seconds after closing the app and i find that a bit annoying
The Following User Says Thank You to ollielol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #7  
sanketss84's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollielol

There are apps for that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...systemappmover
You dont have to move it but when the app isnt a sytem apps it tends to stop the effects for a few seconds after closing the app and i find that a bit annoying

I will move that to system and check.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes