OP theBIGone

27th June 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

63 posts
More
*figured it out myself. Data format in teamwin recovery did the trick

Hi Guys,

After trying to fix my i9300 that was having radom freezes with Fstrim and the Dummy File Generator my phone died.

It doesn't boot past the sgs3 logo, but i am still able to boot recovery. I recovery i can see that /data cannot be mounted. Does that mean that my internal memory is now completely broken?

with regards,

Joost
Last edited by theBIGone; 27th June 2014 at 01:43 PM.
27th June 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 73

387 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBIGone

*figured it out myself. Data format in teamwin recovery did the trick
Hi Guys,
After trying to fix my i9300 that was having radom freezes with Fstrim and the Dummy File Generator my phone died.
It doesn't boot past the sgs3 logo, but i am still able to boot recovery. I recovery i can see that /data cannot be mounted. Does that mean that my internal memory is now completely broken?
with regards,
Joost

Download mode is available?? If yes flash stock ROM via Odin
28th June 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #3  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBIGone

Data format in teamwin recovery did the trick

I am having the same problem. I am kinda noob here. Can you help me with whatever you are saying Data format in teamwin recovery did the trick

Is there something I need to download??
28th June 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 348

1,057 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_R3apeR

I am having the same problem. I am kinda noob here. Can you help me with whatever you are saying Data format in teamwin recovery did the trick

Is there something I need to download??

I think he means he formatted is data partition with Twrp recovery (you can do this with any recovery)....Basicly a factory reset which wipes your data partition (so if you don't want to lose anything back it up).
28th June 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43

I think he means he formatted is data partition with Twrp recovery (you can do this with any recovery)....Basicly a factory reset which wipes your data partition (so if you don't want to lose anything back it up).

That is indeed what I meant. The weird thing was that I was not able to do a factory reset and was not able to mount the data partition. Only going into your recovery and selecting format -> data partition worked. I can add that the phone is also not experiencing any of the freezes I experienced prior to this incident.
The Following User Says Thank You to theBIGone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread