Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,443 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9300 faulty wifi?

Tip us?

El_Froz
Old
(Last edited by El_Froz; 11th June 2014 at 12:39 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] i9300 faulty wifi?

Hi everybody!

My brother has a problem with wifi signal on his s3. He only gets good signal standing at less than a meter from his home router (the same happens with his work router). If he goes away, say, 5 meters, he totally loses the signal. We compared his phone with my s3 and his wife's s3, and we both get full signal where he gets none at all

His phone had samsung stock 4.3 unrooted rom. We tried, without improvements:

1 - Factory reset
2 - Root and changed kernel (yank555)
3 - Full wipe (with TWRP) and installed 4.3 samsung stock rom again through odin (and then root)

Don't know if I'm missing something, or if it might really be a hardware problem. What do you think guys?

Thanks in advance!

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Sounds like hardware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eskorpiao112
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Froz View Post
Hi everybody!

My brother has a problem with wifi signal on his s3. He only gets good signal standing at less than a meter from his home router (the same happens with his work router). If he goes away, say, 5 meters, he totally loses the signal. We compared his phone with my s3 and his wife's s3, and we both get full signal where he gets none at all

His phone had samsung stock 4.3 unrooted rom. We tried, without improvements:

1 - Factory reset
2 - Root and changed kernel (yank555)
3 - Full wipe (with TWRP) and installed 4.3 samsung stock rom again through odin (and then root)

Don't know if I'm missing something, or if it might really be a hardware problem. What do you think guys?

Thanks in advance!
You should restore the flash count, put it stock again and send to the warranty. Maybe he needs a new wifi module

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eskorpiao112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El_Froz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks guys!

Tomorrow he will take it to customer service... so, i'll keep you posted!
Tags
weak wifi signal