Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9300 getting random freeze/hang up irrespective of recover/kernel/rom

Tip us?

Radder124
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DemonLord~ View Post
If you are rooted try the COMPLETE unrooting procedure mentioned at various places by flashing the latest stock firmware available from sammobile. This is to make sure your device software is like brand new. Test it for at least a day. Do a mega wipe (erasing everything even on internal SD card) before which can fix it in some cases.
When rooting again make sure you have the most bug free version of the recovery. CWM 6.0.4.4 is known to have minor problems here and there but nothing concerning to this topic.
Hi guys, I experience the same problems: I'm in any app and I press home to go back to the home menu => my phone's freezing for 5 seconds and then I see all my icons/folders/widgets slowly appearing. I would like to know how to complete format my internal SD card like you said. Thanks in advance.

~DemonLord~
Old
Thanks Meter 46
by pressing the powerkey+homebutton+volume up for about 8-10 seconds you are taken to a recovery menu. You can choose to factory reset over there. That fixed problems in most cases. The only way to wipe the internal partition as well would be to install stock firmware which is a part of unrooting, this will erase everything and put a original rom in your phone.. You can follow the unrooting processes written in many posts in xda

Radder124
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Ok thanks for this quick answer ! So the only way to erase the internal SD card is the unrooting method?

~DemonLord~
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radder124 View Post
Ok thanks for this quick answer ! So the only way to erase the internal SD card is the unrooting method?
As far as i know yes. Its not any trouble at all, wont take much time, except the firmware you would have to download. Its not needed in most cases. As i said before you may only need a factory reset so try that before! And just hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to ~DemonLord~ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]