5,605,073 Members 36,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9300 imei issue

Tip us?

sadinoide
Old
(Last edited by sadinoide; 7th December 2013 at 07:52 AM.) Reason: it is question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] I9300 imei issue

hello i have an issue with my IMEI on the samsung galaxy s3 i9300, i restored a rom from another phone with TWRP recovery and the EFS was ticked. and that's when the problem started and after that i flashed 4.3 rom on it but nothing happed, I also tried installing different modems, go back to stock firmware, but when i tried to use QPST or NV reader/writer i was not able to connect the phone in serial mode, only modem would show up. also if i try to put *#7284# i do not get the qualcomm USB settings so i tried doing it with the quickshortcut but when ever i click on the RMNET+ DM + MODEM it automatically goes on MTP. I went trhough older threads. they did not work at all

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Restoring an efs from another phone is illegal as you are attempting to alter the imei, Samsung have obviously prevented this.

If you have the phone's original efs backup, from before you restored the twrp backup, then I'd suggest you use it.

This thread will probably be locked by a moderator.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

sadinoide
Old
(Last edited by sadinoide; 7th December 2013 at 08:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Restoring an efs from another phone is illegal as you are attempting to alter the imei, Samsung have obviously prevented this.

If you have the phone's original efs backup, from before you restored the twrp backup, then I'd suggest you use it.

This thread will probably be locked by a moderator.

is there anyway to fix it? i restored it by accident, i backed up the phone with kies, would that help ? i only wanted to restore the data

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Pretty sure kies won't backup the efs, but worth a try -there is no other way to fix efs than a service centre.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.