FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

my i9300 is having a mysterious issue :/

25th August 2014, 11:03 AM |#1  
ahmed bahaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Hello everyone!
I was previously running custom rom (C-rom 4.4.4) and yesterday i wanted to shift to stock, so i downloaded the latest I9300 file from sammobile (Jellybean 4.3) and flashed it directly using odin in download mode (i opened the download mode from power menu)
the device rebooted twice after which it is stuck on the samsung logo and not proceeding at all, tried going to recovery it booted into recovery but showing this symbol at the center of the screen, i noticed that i cant go down and the vol down button is dead for me, and this means i cant wipe data nor go to download mode anymore
anyone here knows any solution for this issue? i wanna go back to stock rom
 
 
25th August 2014, 11:39 AM |#2  
gabyif's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 234
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed bahaa

Hello everyone!
I was previously running custom rom (C-rom 4.4.4) and yesterday i wanted to shift to stock, so i downloaded the latest I9300 file from sammobile (Jellybean 4.3) and flashed it directly using odin in download mode (i opened the download mode from power menu)
the device rebooted twice after which it is stuck on the samsung logo and not proceeding at all, tried going to recovery it booted into recovery but showing this symbol at the center of the screen, i noticed that i cant go down and the vol down button is dead for me, and this means i cant wipe data nor go to download mode anymore
anyone here knows any solution for this issue? i wanna go back to stock rom

AFAIK that is the logo for stock recovery...try press the power button and it should appear the options to wipe etc, or try to install TWRP recovery and download ArchiDroid 1.7.18 is the best stock rom out there

Sent from my GT-I9300 powered by ArchiDroid+ArchiKernel
25th August 2014, 12:05 PM |#3  
am2012's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham UK
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed bahaa

Hello everyone!
I was previously running custom rom (C-rom 4.4.4) and yesterday i wanted to shift to stock, so i downloaded the latest I9300 file from sammobile (Jellybean 4.3) and flashed it directly using odin in download mode (i opened the download mode from power menu)
the device rebooted twice after which it is stuck on the samsung logo and not proceeding at all, tried going to recovery it booted into recovery but showing this symbol at the center of the screen, i noticed that i cant go down and the vol down button is dead for me, and this means i cant wipe data nor go to download mode anymore
anyone here knows any solution for this issue? i wanna go back to stock rom

Sounds like you didn't wipe data/factory reset before flashing via Odin. Try flashing cwm or twrp via Odin, go into recovery, wipe all data and cache, and then reflash stock ROM via odin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Last edited by am2012; 25th August 2014 at 12:08 PM.
25th August 2014, 02:10 PM |#4  
ahmed bahaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyif

AFAIK that is the logo for stock recovery...try press the power button and it should appear the options to wipe etc, or try to install TWRP recovery and download ArchiDroid 1.7.18 is the best stock rom out there

Sent from my GT-I9300 powered by ArchiDroid+ArchiKernel

where to press the power button?
how to flash TWRP when i cant open download mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2012

Sounds like you didn't wipe data/factory reset before flashing via Odin. Try flashing cwm or twrp via Odin, go into recovery, wipe all data and cache, and then reflash stock ROM via odin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

dude how can i do that when i cant open download mode? and how to wipe the data when my vol down button not working?
25th August 2014, 06:23 PM |#5  
am2012's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham UK
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed bahaa

where to press the power button?
how to flash TWRP when i cant open download mode?

dude how can i do that when i cant open download mode? and how to wipe the data when my vol down button not working?

[IMG][/IMG] Just trying to help mate. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
25th August 2014, 07:12 PM |#6  
ahmed bahaa's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by am2012

[IMG][/IMG] Just trying to help mate. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

lol...it is okay man, no prob at all and thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes