[Q]I9300 network unlock on firmware version 4.3 (EFS v2)

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
By h0rm1, Junior Member on 16th January 2014, 07:56 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd March 2015, 08:03 PM |#41  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 503
Originally Posted by mahamerdz

Hi dear Tallman43 I am novice and I don't know what to do with your given kernels and patched modems . I'll find way how to change them without a doubt , but I need some help please advice me how to figure out what kernel to use from given your's above .Is there any differences between them ? And will it resolve my problem or I can get into more trouble ? thanks in advance ,and sorry for being such noob

Ok no problem here is a quick guide but please read and understand what you are doing first look here for some guides to help you >> <<

(1) Download Odin and Samsung drivers (please read guides on how to use)
(2) Root your phone ( use CF-Root >> <<
(3) Place the patched files on ext sd card and use cwm to flash the patched modem and kernel ( cwm is included in CF-Root) if not you can download and install it with Odin
(4) Reboot you should then have a signal.

If you get a bootloop in any of the stages above reboot to recovery and factory reset/wipe cache

Please note the above is a quick guide please read all the guides and be sure you understand them before doing anything.

As for which files to flash you can use any patched kernel and modem but I would probably use the and the

Good luck and be careful.
Last edited by tallman43; 23rd March 2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: add info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tallman43 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2015, 12:44 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 21
So if we don't have an EFS v1 backup it's possible to unlock I9300 for free?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread