Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9300 Newbie ROM Help

Tip us?

keirjohnharry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] I9300 Newbie ROM Help

Hi

Just managed to get a dead S3 into download mode with a GPG Boot cable , as a iPhone user (please dont boo me , I'm jailbroken at least) I have very little understanding of the Android ROM system , I'm unable to find matching files and have to wait about 10 hours to download every one.

If someone could tell me the right files I need to flash this phone back into stock rom I'd be very grateful.

Its a I9300 UK Vodafone with the stock OS it came with , I'm assuming 4.04 ?

I'm not sure which version of ODIN I need , nor either the .tar all in one or .pit / csc / phone / modem files.

I dont mind waiting a week to download these files so long as they're correct.

If you could tell me this it'd be much appreciated and If I can work out how I'll tip you in some xda-developers forum way.

Many Thanks
Keir Lawson

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Follow the sticky guides, don't post questions in general forum.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

keirjohnharry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

If a mod wants to move this to the relevant section of the forum that'd be great.

The sticky guides are unclear and overlapping , many link to hotfile which now dosen't exist and they each say you need a different rom or version of ODIN , any help would be much appreciated and as said rewarded.

16GB I9300 UK Vodafone , Fixed using GPG Boot cable , clear instructions + link to files on how to completely re-stock it.

(Any version of android , don't mind if newest or not jsut want it to work)

coolhof
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirjohnharry View Post
If a mod wants to move this to the relevant section of the forum that'd be great.

The sticky guides are unclear and overlapping , many link to hotfile which now dosen't exist and they each say you need a different rom or version of ODIN , any help would be much appreciated and as said rewarded.

16GB I9300 UK Vodafone , Fixed using GPG Boot cable , clear instructions + link to files on how to completely re-stock it.

(Any version of android , don't mind if newest or not jsut want it to work)
Sammobile has everything you need.
Make a account and download every stock rom for you're samsung phone.
http://www.sammobile.com/
----------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 Dual Boot.
Kernel: Devil3 4_0.1.4 [4.4.x, 4.3.x] - f2fs Filesystem - Dualboot
Recovery: Devil-i9300-recovery
Rom1: My Own Custom Rom Base JB4.3
Rom2: Cm11.
----------------------------------------------

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Your Stock ROM: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=27491
Odin you need: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Odin3_12992520.html (Click AP to select the ROM)
Recovery you need: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...Edition/i9300/
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!