[Q] I9300 Screen issues

Tip us?

asm001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] I9300 Screen issues

Hi

Cutting a long story short, is there a screen calibration app/menu option for the S3? I cracked my screen the other week, and I have had the screen replaced (not by samsung). Ive noticed now that the screen intermittenly sometimes sticks, becomes non responsive and/or the image "vibrates" when I long press on an app to move it. OR when I try to hang up a call, 9/10 times the press doesnt "register"

Before I go and moan at the shop I got it repaired at, is there any app or any way of calibrating the screen ?

I should mention that the phone is not running a stock rom. It wasnt before the screen was replaced and everything ran flawlessly, even with the crack Now I'm no expert but I would suggest they've either fitted a dodgy screen / there's a loose connection or it needs calibration.

If anyone's wondering it is on Temasek's CM11 unofficial build. Although I had it on CM 11 for a while and the problem persisted.

I suspect it is a hardware issue with the replacement screen but I thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Andrew

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Flash a full stock rom to test but it sounds like you've a hardware fault.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

procaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 4
*#0*#
This is screen test function of sammy based roms. if you want you can try your screen with this

Madness.
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You cant calibrate capacitive screens

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Bäcker
Old
Thanks Meter 79
If I remeber correctly this behavior happens when the screen is repaired without that special adhesive layer which originally glues everything together.

asm001
Old
(Last edited by asm001; 29th December 2013 at 11:05 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Back on stock rom, tried the calibration/diagnostic screen.... no dice, according to that it works ok lol.

It looks like I'm going back to the shop I got the repair done, to try and get them to fix it (again!) Bet they will try and charge me more money tbh I am almost at the point of living with it BUT I had two phone calls I could not answer today because the screen wasn't working properly, and that will not do

Edit :- found the accessibility options which allows me to answer/end calls using the hardware buttons. Still a bit gash but better than nothing.

Will see what the shop says, less urgent now, at least I have a way of answering the damn thing lol.